See the Lekki gay sex assault skit that has got Nigerians talking

Forum 7 years ago

See the Lekki gay sex assault skit that has got Nigerians talking

A comedy video by Nigerian comedian Ogusbaba depicting a gay man who is about to be sexually assaulted has sparked a heated debate.

A debate so heated that prominent gay rights activists like Bisi Alimi and Nigeria's first openly gay pastor, Reverend Jide Macaulay, have started a petition that aims to make Ogusbaba take down the video from the internet to stop its circulation.

The activists are also demanding that Ogusbaba should apologise to the Nigerian LGBT community for joking with a very sensitive issue of concern.

The video, titled “The Lekki Gay,” by comedian Ogusbaba, depicts a gay man being visited by a friend whom he finds attractive but who brings two other men to the bedroom to threaten him with
sexual assault with a banana, large cucumber, pawpaw and then a large piece of yam oiled with olive oil.
“We all have a sense of humour, however this sketch does more than create laughter. It glorifies and glamorises homophobic attacks faced daily in reality for many LGBT people in Nigeria,” Rev. Jide Macauley said.
Ogusbaba insists that the skit "is just to make my fans laugh and to promote my tour."
"I have my own views about LGBT people," he tells BBC Trending. "It's strictly personal, I have nothing against them.
"I'm amazed by the response to the video. But I believe people are entitled to their opinions."
Prominent gay activists want the video down. Watch and let us know what you have to say. Should Ogusbaba take this video down?

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Nigerians Mock EFCC As Video of Obi Cubana Spraying Dollars Surfaces Online
Forum | 4 hours ago

Nigerians Mock EFCC As Video of Obi Cubana Spraying Dollars Surfaces Online

NEC Meeting: Nigerians Want PDP to Rescue Them From APC – BoT Chair, Wabara
Forum | 17 hours ago

NEC Meeting: Nigerians Want PDP to Rescue Them From APC – BoT Chair, Wabara

Falcon and the Winter Soldier Star Emily VanCamp to Lead Drama Series About Former Sex Worker
Forum | 2 days ago

Falcon and the Winter Soldier Star Emily VanCamp to Lead Drama Series About Former Sex Worker

Sex Lives of College Girls Season 3 Adds New Series Regular to Cast
Forum | 5 days ago

Sex Lives of College Girls Season 3 Adds New Series Regular to Cast