"I Don’t Know Any Of You, Your Records Recommended You" - Pres. Buhari Tells New Service Chiefs

Forum 8 years ago

"I Don’t Know Any Of You, Your Records Recommended You" - Pres. Buhari Tells New Service Chiefs

President Muhammadu Buhari has urged the newly appointed service chiefs to help him rebuild the reputation of the armed forces and the nation. According to a statement issued by the Senior Special Assistant (Media and Publicity) to the president, Garba Shehu, in Abuja on Monday, he made the call while addressing them shortly after their appointments were announced.

“All of you, including the National Security Adviser, were chosen on merit. Your records gave you the job. Save for the new Chief of Army Staff whom I briefly met at his command at the Multi-National Joint Task Force in Chad, I don’t know any of you, your records recommended you. Legally, you are in acting capacity until the National Assembly accepts you. It is only then that you will take the oath of office. Thereafter, we will sit down and talk in more detail,” the statement said.
[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
EFCC Charge: Court Fixes Date to Rule on Substituted Service on Yahaya Bello
Forum | 2 hours ago

EFCC Charge: Court Fixes Date to Rule on Substituted Service on Yahaya Bello

The Fall Guy Gets Meta in New Videos for Ryan Gosling, Emily Blunt Action Movie
Forum | 8 hours ago

The Fall Guy Gets Meta in New Videos for Ryan Gosling, Emily Blunt Action Movie

Don’t Stop EFCC From Performing Its Duty - AGF Warns Politicians
Forum | 11 hours ago