President Buhari Departs Nigeria For Japan

Forum 4 years ago

President Buhari Departs Nigeria For Japan

President Buhari will depart Abuja on Sunday, August 25th for Japan to participate in the Seventh Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD7) holding in the City of Yokohama, August 28-30, 2019.

According to a statement released by the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, President Buhari’s participation will be his second, having attended TICAD6 in Nairobi, Kenya, in August 2016.

With the theme, “Africa and Yokohama, Sharing Passion for the Future,” the Opening Session of TICAD7 will be performed by the Japanese Prime Minister and host, Shinzo Abe. At the event, President Buhari will deliver Nigeria’s statement during Plenary Session Three in which he will appraise Nigeria-Japan relations and takeaways from TICAD6.

He will attend a State Banquet and also honour the invitation of Emperor Naruhito to a Tea Reception at the Imperial Palace, Tokyo.

In addition to a bilateral meeting with Prime Minister Abe, the Nigerian President will also attend some side-events and meet chief executive officers of some Japanese companies with huge investments in Nigeria.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Deteriorating Insecurity In Nigeria Really Concerning - Peter Obi
Forum | 1 day ago

Deteriorating Insecurity In Nigeria Really Concerning - Peter Obi

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)
Forum | 2 days ago

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)

Why Nigeria Needs Parliamentary System Of Govt – Peter Obi
Forum | 2 days ago

Why Nigeria Needs Parliamentary System Of Govt – Peter Obi

Nigerian Man Arrested For Being In Possession Of Fake Naira Notes
Forum | 2 days ago

Nigerian Man Arrested For Being In Possession Of Fake Naira Notes