Popular Filmmaker, Kunle Afolayan Cries Out Over Huge Debts He Owes Bank Of Industry

Forum 7 years ago

Popular Filmmaker, Kunle Afolayan Cries Out Over Huge Debts He Owes Bank Of Industry

Popular filmmaker, Kunle Afolayan in a chat with LIB, revealed that his recent film The CEO cost him several millions of Naira, in which he had to take a bank loan from The Bank of Industry and since he hasn’t recouped the money, he doesn’t know how he is going to pay back.

“It costs a fortune; we are talking hundreds of millions of naira. We haven’t recouped the money and am not sure I will recoup that money ‘cos now the economy is bad and I have said this several times and there is really no point saying it again; but part of the funding for CEO, we got from Bank OF Industry (BOI) and that money needs to be paid back, I think I even have about maybe eight months left to pay back and it’s a bit scary, because I don’t know how I am going to pay it. But I want to believe that somehow, it will get paid.”

Explaining how the cinemas can help ease his debts, Kunle said;

“The success of a film is not determined by the number of publicity given to it, or on whether the film is great or not, no; a lot of the factor boils on, how the film is been presented, by the cinemas.
For instance, if a film is so good and in a day, they give it four (4) slots showing in the cinema; if the first slot showing is 10: am, 12noon, 2: pm and 4: pm; that film will not make money. But if the film gets three (3) slots and the 3slots are; 5: pm, 7: pm and 9: pm, then the film will make more money. So a lot of times the fate of an average film is determined by how the cinema positions the film.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert
Forum | 5 hours ago

Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert

Popular Yoruba Actor, Baba Ijesha Appeals Conviction
Forum | 2 days ago

Popular Yoruba Actor, Baba Ijesha Appeals Conviction

Nigerian Police Officer Stabs Man To Death In Popular Lagos Mall
Forum | 5 days ago

Nigerian Police Officer Stabs Man To Death In Popular Lagos Mall

How A 30-Year-Old Man Allegedly Stole N1.2m From Dead Man’s Bank Account In Ibadan
Forum | 6 days ago

How A 30-Year-Old Man Allegedly Stole N1.2m From Dead Man’s Bank Account In Ibadan