Policeman Hits Charly Boy With The Butt Of His Gun During Anti-Buhari Protest

Forum 6 years ago

Policeman Hits Charly Boy With The Butt Of His Gun During Anti-Buhari Protest

A police officer left Charles Oputa, a.k.a Charly Boy with a dent in the eye during the anti-Buhari protest in Abuja.

Popular entertainer and activist, Charles Oputa, a.k.a Charly Boy, has narrated how a Nigerian police officer yesterday brutalized him during the protest organised on Tuesday at the Unity Fountain in Abuja by a coalition of civil society organisations acting under the aegis of ‘Concerned Nigerians’.

According to Punch, Oputa narrated how the incident happened in a telephone interview. He also revealed the police used tear-gas and water cannons to disperse the peaceful protesters.

He said, “We were not even up to 10 people that set out for the Unity Fountain. When we got there, we met close to 200 policemen. Initially they tried to stop us from going further. But we explained to them that ours would be a peaceful demonstration. I gave them the assurance that we were not going to anywhere else and the protest would not be hijacked by hoodlums.

“Before we knew it, they started with the water cannon. Then they tear-gassed us and set their dogs against us. Worried, I went to one of the policemen who was standing near me and asked him why they resorted to such action. Instead of responding to me, he suddenly raised the butt of his gun and hit me in the eye.”

Oputa said he was immediately rushed to a clinic for treatment. But he expressed concern over the health of another victim, a TV journalist, said to be severely beaten up by the police.

“I saw them beating up that man and smashing his camera. I hope they have not killed him,”
he said.

The protest continued today with popular Nollywood actor, Jim Iyke and other joining in the protest.

[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Gunmen Storm LG Secretariat In Ekiti, Days After Oyo Assembly Invasion
Forum | 3 days ago

Gunmen Storm LG Secretariat In Ekiti, Days After Oyo Assembly Invasion

Anti-Party: APC Speaks On Suspending El-Rufai
Forum | 3 days ago

Anti-Party: APC Speaks On Suspending El-Rufai

Pamela Anderson Joins Naked Gun Cast for Liam Neeson Reboot
Forum | 3 days ago

Pamela Anderson Joins Naked Gun Cast for Liam Neeson Reboot

Drama As Angry UNIJOS Students Protest Against Poor Health Facilities On Campus Despite Tuition Fee Hike
Forum | 3 days ago

Drama As Angry UNIJOS Students Protest Against Poor Health Facilities On Campus Despite Tuition Fee Hike