Police Reacts to University of Ibadan Bomb Scare, Calls It A “mere rumour”

Forum 7 years ago

Police Reacts to University of Ibadan Bomb Scare, Calls It A “mere rumour”

The Oyo State Police Command has declared that the bomb scare at the University of Ibadan Saturday was nothing but a “mere rumour”.

Speaking with newsmen in a telephone interview, the Police Public Relations officer in the state command, SP Adekunle Ajisebutu, said people were fond of creating unnecessary tension as a result of rumour they peddle.

According to him, he said the police had searched everywhere and nothing of such was found, noting that the same rumour was rife during the visit of the Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo. Nevertheless, he said the police would not want to take chances. “This informed why the Commissioner of Police dispatched anti bomb unit and many policemen to the institution to beef up security”, he said.

At the gate, there was comprehensive scrutiny of both human and vehicular movements. The said rumour may have been triggered by the threat from a group, al-wilayat al-Islamiyya Gharb Afriqiyyah, which threatened to bomb the school before Independence Day on October 1, 2016,
saying that students and staff were their targets.
Also, the Director of Communication, UI, Olatunji Oladejo, dismissed the threat with a wave of hand, saying the rumour must have been triggered by mischievous individuals who wanted to cause commotion in the school. He said, “I also got it. Anyone could instigate such a thing.

Some people could be mischievous. Our international students are having their carnival on the campus and everywhere is peaceful. I attribute it to the handiwork of mischievous individuals and vehemently deny any commotion.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
PDP Kicks As Police Officer Kills Businessman In Aba
Forum | 13 hours ago

PDP Kicks As Police Officer Kills Businessman In Aba

Police Open Investigation Into The Abduction Of RCCG Pastor, 14 Others In Oyo
Forum | 15 hours ago

Police Open Investigation Into The Abduction Of RCCG Pastor, 14 Others In Oyo

Why A Police Officer Asked For My Number Plate’s Receipt - Actor, Jamiu Azeez Reveals
Forum | 18 hours ago

Why A Police Officer Asked For My Number Plate’s Receipt - Actor, Jamiu Azeez Reveals

I’ve Reported The Case To Police — Skiibii Denies TikToker Nickie Dabarbie’s Money Ritual Claim
Forum | 1 day ago

I’ve Reported The Case To Police — Skiibii Denies TikToker Nickie Dabarbie’s Money Ritual Claim