Police ends siege on Kwankwaso’s residence in Kano

Forum 7 years ago

Police ends siege on Kwankwaso’s residence in Kano

Kano Police Command Tuesday evening withdrew its personnel from Lugard road residence of former Governor, Rabiu Kwankwaso.

The house also serves as headquarters of the group loyal to the former governor, popularly known as Kwankwasiyya.

A number of policemen had Tuesday morning cordoned off the area to “prevent illegal assembly”.

It was gathered that Kwankwaso, who fell out with his former deputy and successor, Umar Ganduje few months after the general elections, lodged a complaint at the Force headquarters in Abuja.

Kano Commissioner of Police, Rabiu Yusuf, had earlier in the day explained the development to newsmen.

Rabiu said the action followed an intelligence report that there was a plan to conduct a mass wedding in the house.

Speaking through spokesman of the command, DSP Magaji Majiya, Rabiu said “We have directed our men to seal the residence because of an intelligence report that there is a plan to conduct mass wedding in the house”.

The Police Command had on August 18 banned a mass wedding organised by a group loyal to the former governor, stating that it coincided with the state government’s planned empowerment programme slated for August 20.

“The police has banned the two ceremonies indefinitely as security Intelligence available at our disposal revealed that some disgruntled elements are preparing to use the occasions to cause havoc in the state.

“Our prime responsibility is to ensure peace, tranquility, protection of lives and property as well as maintenance of law and order”, he added.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Imo Police Arrest Kidnap Kingpin, Recover Stolen Vehicle
Forum | 1 day ago

Imo Police Arrest Kidnap Kingpin, Recover Stolen Vehicle

Police Parade Arrested Yoruba Nation Agitators In Oyo
Forum | 1 day ago

Police Parade Arrested Yoruba Nation Agitators In Oyo

People Inciting Me to Probe Gov Yusuf – Kano Anti-graft Agency Chair
Forum | 1 day ago

People Inciting Me to Probe Gov Yusuf – Kano Anti-graft Agency Chair