Please Help!! My Child Steals From Everyone, What Should I Do?

Forum 6 years ago

Please Help!! My Child Steals From Everyone, What Should I Do?

How do you react when you have a young child that steals? You’ve talked to him/her several times, told him/her everything that has to be said about the consequences of pilfering.

You do ALL you can to provide his needs and wants.

But he keeps ‘doing it’. How do you help or stop such a child? A reader sent this in.

Hello,

My son steals from me, my husband, my mother, his grandparents, his friends, everybody!! Please, let’s discuss this here because I’m sure I’m not the only mother having this problem.

If it’s not money, it’s things as small as tiny toys and games from neighbors.

Sincerely, it’s gotten so bad I don’t know what to do with him anymore.

My husband and I now have locks on our bedroom door to keep him out.

Problem started when he was 11 and got into boarding school.

He is 13 now. I’ve threatened him that next time he steals, I would have the police involved.

Of course I don’t want to or plan to do that but I don’t know what else to do.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
2face Doesn’t Live With His Sons, Burna Boy May Never Give Birth, Davido Kills Every Male Child He Comes Across - Brymo Makes Shocking Claims
Forum | 3 days ago

2face Doesn’t Live With His Sons, Burna Boy May Never Give Birth, Davido Kills Every Male Child He Comes Across - Brymo Makes Shocking Claims

Governor Ododo Didn’t Help Yahaya Bello Escape EFCC Arrest — Commissioner, Fanwo
Forum | 3 days ago

Governor Ododo Didn’t Help Yahaya Bello Escape EFCC Arrest — Commissioner, Fanwo

Ab*rtion Is Better Than Bringing A Child Into The World That You Cannot Take Care Of - Etinosa
Forum | 4 days ago

Ab*rtion Is Better Than Bringing A Child Into The World That You Cannot Take Care Of - Etinosa

Lagos Govt Seek Help In Identifying Woman Assaulting Baby In Viral Video
Forum | 1 week ago

Lagos Govt Seek Help In Identifying Woman Assaulting Baby In Viral Video