Photos : Zenith Bank Sacks Senior Staff Member Who Allegedly Battered His Wife and Broke Her Leg

Forum 7 years ago

Photos : Zenith Bank Sacks Senior Staff Member Who Allegedly Battered His Wife and Broke Her Leg

A top banker with Zenith Bank Plc who mercilessly beat his wife and broke her leg has been made to pay. The man identified as John Edobor, a senior member of the bank was fired after the estranged wife exposed the incident.

Edobor who confirmed that he has lost his job however denied ever inflicting any harm on the estranged wife. Edobor accused the wife of adultery, saying that it was Mr. Agbaire, the man who drove Mrs. Edobor to her residence, who hit her with a hammer while he was trying to hit him.

According to reports the man accused the wife of aborting a pregnancy after she could not defend the paternity because she was cheating.

“I asked Ivie if she was pregnant for me and still kept sleeping with another man [allegedly Mr. Agbaire], who owns the babies? We would need to do a DNA test to actually know who their father is,” Mr. Edobor told SaharaReportes.

However, the woman’s lawyer, Benjamin Odeh has filed an application at the court seeking dissolution of the marriage and asking the court to order Mr. Edobor to pay alimony. It has been learnt that the Lagos State has moved to upgrade the charge against Mr. Edobor from assault to attempted murder. The State prosecutor Ipaye Nwachukwu revealed this to the chief magistrate of Surulere Magistrate Court 1.
It was further learnt that the suspect will also face the Lagos State High Court in a separate suit concerning custody of his three daughters.

In a recent report on the matter, Sahara Reporters revealed that an eyewitness, Mr. Ibiso Kama, who was also at the scene, corroborated that statement made by the man’s wife.

He said the suspect had been in the area long before Mrs. Edobor and one Mr. Mathew Agbaire drove into the area. He noted that he was the one who called the police and handed Mr. Edobor over to them, adding that Mr. Edobor had reached out to him to plead with his wife while she was still at the hospital.

“I am surprised that John is denying that he did not attack his wife. He sent me different messages asking me to beg his wife for him. He hit her with a metal object that looked like a shock absorber for a car,” Mr. Kama told our correspondent.

“I jumped down from my apartment to rescue the woman because the gate had been locked at the time. It was around 11 pm. All the boys in the area can attest that [Mr. Edobor] had been there since the afternoon, buying drinks from the boys. He told them his wife was cheating on him in the apartment he rented for her.” Kama said.
Mrs. Edobor has also revealed that her husband forced her to write an apology letter to the bank for dragging it into their domestic dispute.

The accused was first arraigned for assault last June before Mr. Aro Lambo at the Surulere Magistrate Court 1. He will now have a long battle in court after losing his job.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
FG Set To Merge CBN’s NIRSAL, Bank Of Agriculture
Forum | 5 hours ago

FG Set To Merge CBN’s NIRSAL, Bank Of Agriculture

Police Confirms Killing Of Corps Member At Ogbomoso Nightclub, Detains Officers Involved
Forum | 11 hours ago

Police Confirms Killing Of Corps Member At Ogbomoso Nightclub, Detains Officers Involved

Spyro Shares Adorable Photos Of His Twin Sister
Forum | 15 hours ago

Spyro Shares Adorable Photos Of His Twin Sister

You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday
Forum | 1 day ago

You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday