Photos : Woman Delivers Conjoined Twins In Enugu

Forum 8 years ago

Photos : Woman Delivers Conjoined Twins In Enugu

An Enugu-based couple, Segun and Mary Ayeni, have shown great hope despite birthing a set of conjoined twin girls.

Speaking with SUNDAY PUNCH on Saturday, the parents of the girls, Miracle and Testimony, expressed optimism despite the condition of their twin daughters born on November 16, 2015, who are joined at the groin.

The father, Segun, 35, explained how, despite his initial reaction of trauma, his faith gave him the courage to pull through.

He said, “Naturally, you would be a little bit traumatised. That is natural. But in everything, when you know the word of God, it will strengthen you more, because it is part of life. There is nothing one can do about it. It has happened.

“When I first heard it was going to be twins, I was happy. But later they said they were joined in some way and I asked, ‘Conjoined how?’

“I thought it was the kind of thing whereby they would be separated immediately. But I later discovered that if they should try to operate immediately, we would lose the two (girls).”

Interestingly, the children are very healthy. According to their father, they are in perfect condition.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Herbalist And Three Others Who Killed A Woman For Money Ritual Get Nabbed In Osun
Forum | 2 days ago

Herbalist And Three Others Who Killed A Woman For Money Ritual Get Nabbed In Osun

Enugu To Give Mr Ibu And Junior Pope ‘Befitting’ Burial
Forum | 3 days ago

Enugu To Give Mr Ibu And Junior Pope ‘Befitting’ Burial

Vehicle Falls Off Tow Truck And Crushes Woman To Death In Anambra
Forum | 4 days ago

Vehicle Falls Off Tow Truck And Crushes Woman To Death In Anambra

Nigerian Army Confirms Two Soldiers Serving In Enugu Stabbed Each Other Publicly In Market
Forum | 4 days ago

Nigerian Army Confirms Two Soldiers Serving In Enugu Stabbed Each Other Publicly In Market