Photos: Queen Elizabeth II's beautiful wedding and Coronation dresses will be displayed for the first time

Forum 7 years ago

Photos: Queen Elizabeth II's beautiful wedding and Coronation dresses will be displayed for the first time

The Queen's wedding and Coronation dresses will be displayed together for the first time ever at the Summer Opening of the State Rooms aBuckingham Palacefrom23 July to 2 October.
Both dresses were designed by the great British couturier Sir Norman Hartnell.

The wedding dress (first photo) worn by Princess Elizabeth for her marriage to The Duke of Edinburgh on 20 November 1947.

When commissioned to design the dress, Sir Norman Hartnell set out to produce ‘the most beautiful dress I had so far made’. In 1947 Britain was still subject to rationing, so the Princess collected clothing coupons to pay for the dress.

The Coronation dress worn by The Queen at Westminster Abbey on 2 June 1953. The dress is made of the finest white duchesse satin, embroidered with national and Commonwealth floral emblems in gold and silver thread,
encrusted with seed pearls, sequins and crystals.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Spyro Shares Adorable Photos Of His Twin Sister
Forum | 4 hours ago

Spyro Shares Adorable Photos Of His Twin Sister

The Wedding Banquet: Lily Gladstone, Bowen Yang Cast in Remake of Ang Lee Movie
Forum | 12 hours ago

The Wedding Banquet: Lily Gladstone, Bowen Yang Cast in Remake of Ang Lee Movie

I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie
Forum | 21 hours ago

I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie

Moment Bride Arrives School in Wedding Gown to Write Her Final Exam
Forum | 1 day ago

Moment Bride Arrives School in Wedding Gown to Write Her Final Exam