Photos: Mandela’s Grandson Converts To Islam, Marries For The 4th Time

Forum 8 years ago

Photos: Mandela’s Grandson Converts To Islam, Marries For The 4th Time

Mandla Mandela, the grandson of former South African president Nelson Mandela, got married to his Muslim bride, Rabia Clarke, this weekend in Cape Town.

Mandla reportedly converted to Islam about 2 months go.

The marriage, which took place last Saturday, is the fourth for Mandela.

“I wish to extend my heartfelt gratitude to Rabia’s parents, her extended family and the Muslim community, for welcoming me into their hearts,” Mandela said in a statement.

“Although Rabia and I were raised in different cultural and religious traditions, our coming together reflects what we have in common: We are South Africans,” he said.

According to reports, Mandela is still legally married to his first wife, Tando Mabunu-Mandela, with whom he has been embroiled in a long-standing bitter divorce battle.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Junior Pope: It’s Time To Prioritise Actors’ Welfare - Actress, Hilda Dokubo Says
Forum | 2 days ago

Junior Pope: It’s Time To Prioritise Actors’ Welfare - Actress, Hilda Dokubo Says

Captain America: Brave New World Photos Preview Anthony Mackie, Harrison Ford in Marvel Movie
Forum | 6 days ago

Captain America: Brave New World Photos Preview Anthony Mackie, Harrison Ford in Marvel Movie

Photos Of Nigeria Air Force Bombarding Terrorists’ Hideout With Air Strikes In Zamfara
Forum | 1 week ago

Photos Of Nigeria Air Force Bombarding Terrorists’ Hideout With Air Strikes In Zamfara

Jackie Chan Assures Fans After Gray-Haired Photos Spark Health Worries
Forum | 1 week ago

Jackie Chan Assures Fans After Gray-Haired Photos Spark Health Worries