Photos: 7 Women Arrested In Ondo For Prostitution And Child Trafficking

Forum 8 years ago

Photos: 7 Women Arrested In Ondo For Prostitution And Child Trafficking

Seven women have been arrested by Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, NSCDC, Ondo State command, for alleged prostitution and child trafficking.

The suspects were arrested at a brothel on Car Street, Akure, the state capital.

Prostitutes
The suspects were paraded by the command after they were arrested for trafficking a girl, Faith Ekepemephia, from her home town in Akwa Ibom to Akure, for prostitution.

According to the command’s Public Relations Officer, Kayode Balogun, officials of the agency got wind of the incident after complaints from some church members.

Balogun added that the suspects had been handed over to officials of National Agency for Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons, NAPTIP, for further investigation.

‘How I was lured into prostitution’
Narrating her ordeal when the suspects were paraded, the victim, Faith Ekpemephia, said she was lured from her home town in Akwa Ibom to Akure under the guise of serving as a maid.

Faith said she later discovered she had been recruited to engage in prostitution in a hotel in Akure.

She said: “A girl from my village in Akwa Ibom, who resides in Akure, Ondo State, told me that one madam she currently works with needed the service of a house help.

“The girl said I would be helping the madam do house chores and will be paid monthly.”

Faith said when she arrived Akure penultimate Tuesday, she was lodged in a brothel and was introduced into prostitution.

She said:
“I arrived Akure last Tuesday for the house help job only to be lodged in a hotel. It was later that I discovered that I have been lured into prostitution.

“I cried and told them that I want to go back to my village as this was not the type of work she told me about, but she threatened me.”

Faith said she had to run away from the hotel as she was tired of the situation.

She said: “The woman always collected the service money from me any time I meet with a man. I have made up to N6,000 and slept with more than three men since my arrival.”

[ads4]
Source: Vanguard

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
DSS Releases El-Rufai’s Ally Arrested Over Anti-Governor Sani Post
Forum | 1 day ago

DSS Releases El-Rufai’s Ally Arrested Over Anti-Governor Sani Post

No Regret Invading Oyo Govt House - Arrested Yoruba Nation Agitators Say (Photo)
Forum | 2 days ago

No Regret Invading Oyo Govt House - Arrested Yoruba Nation Agitators Say (Photo)

Widow Arrested For Producing And Selling Lethal Psychoactive Substance In Calabar
Forum | 2 days ago

Widow Arrested For Producing And Selling Lethal Psychoactive Substance In Calabar

Suspected Boko Haram Logistics Suppliers Arrested In Borno
Forum | 2 days ago

Suspected Boko Haram Logistics Suppliers Arrested In Borno