Omg! Man Drowns in a River While Trying to Save Girlfriend's 3-year-old Son (Photos)

Forum 7 years ago

Omg! Man Drowns in a River While Trying to Save Girlfriend's 3-year-old Son (Photos)

Joshua Traylor, a 24-year-old man has drowned after heroically diving into a river to save his girlfriend's three-year-old son who had fallen into the water.

According to Daily Mail UK, Joshua Traylor, 24, was feeding nearby ducks with his girlfriend and her young son on a boardwalk near the Clinton River in Mount Clemens, Michigan, when the boy slipped and fell in.

Traylor - despite being unable to swim - immediately threw himself into the river shortly before 5pm on Sunday, as a nearby fisherman also dived into the water and was able to get the toddler back to safety.

However, things took a tragic turn when the 24-year-old did not reappear from under the water.

Traylor's girlfriend then jumped into the water to try to find her boyfriend, but was unable to do so, the Detroit Free Press reports.

Disturbing video of a rescue team searching for Traylor was broadcast on Facebook Live.

It shows a large crowd of people gathered around the riverbank, as a team of police officers and other responders working desperately to find the 24-year-old.

It took 45 minutes for officers to find his body under the boardwalk.

'We were able to locate the body using our underwater camera and a Shelby Township diver went in and was able to locate him and bring him to shore,' Harrison

Township Fire Battalion Chief Mark Hoskin told the Macomb Daily.

Traylor's heartbroken girlfriend shared an emotional farewell message to the 24-year-old on Facebook.

'I love you so much baby... you saved our baby I know you loved him like he was your own,' it read.

'You saved him he is still here on this earth because of you.
'You're truly my hero, I can't take this, it is not fair.'

Other family members and friends also mourned Traylor on social media, including his older brother, who wrote: 'Bro did what pops (sic) taught us, to be a protector. I'm going to miss my little bro EVERYDAY but he had to do what he had to do.'

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd
Forum | 1 hour ago

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd

EPL: Arsenal, Man City must have bad moments – Klopp on Liverpool’s title chances
Forum | 1 hour ago

EPL: Arsenal, Man City must have bad moments – Klopp on Liverpool’s title chances

EPL: John Terry predicts positions Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool will finish
Forum | 1 hour ago

EPL: John Terry predicts positions Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool will finish

Son Arrested For Faking His Own Kidnap To Extort Money From Father In Jigawa
Forum | 18 hours ago

Son Arrested For Faking His Own Kidnap To Extort Money From Father In Jigawa