My Wife Causes Me Much Embarrassment ’Cos She’s A Thief – Man Tells Court

Forum 6 years ago

My Wife Causes Me Much Embarrassment ’Cos She’s A Thief – Man Tells Court

A businessman has approached an Alakuko Customary Court in Lagos State, seeking an end to his 13-year-old-marriage to his wife over allegations of stealing and lack of care. The petitioner, Mr Julius Awoken, told the court that his wife, Olawunmi Awope had brought disgrace to their family on numerous occasions.

“She is always being accused of petty theft. There was a day I gave her over N10,000 to buy foodstuffs. I knew this amount was more than enough, but I was surprised when I got a call at work that they were about to set my wife ablaze.

“I rushed home only to be told that she went to the market and stole a five-liter vegetable oil.

“I was shocked because I just came back from the village with two jerry cans of palm oil and vegetable oil. When I asked her, she said that it was the work of the devil and that she had used the money I gave her to offset a debt.

“I sent her packing, but her family members came begging and I accepted her back.

“My lord, she has failed to change because a neighbour still accused her last week of stealing her clothes. I am tired of this kind of shameful behaviour,

“Not only does she steal, she is also careless and dirty. She does not care about the wellbeing of our three children. I take care of the children and carry out most of the house chores myself, “the petitioner said.

He, therefore, asked the court to end their marriage and grant him custody of his children aged 13, 9 and 6 years respectively.

The defendant however denied all the allegations. “I’m just always unfortunate because people accuse me unjustly. I am not a thief and my husband knows this. I have a spiritual problem and I am really praying that God should deliver me.

.”I love my family and I don’t want to divorce my husband. I promise to change my ways,” she said.

The court president, Chief Olusola Ogundare requested that the couple bring two members of their families for possible settlement.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’
Forum | 13 hours ago

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’

You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday
Forum | 18 hours ago

You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd

EPL: Arsenal, Man City must have bad moments – Klopp on Liverpool’s title chances
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Arsenal, Man City must have bad moments – Klopp on Liverpool’s title chances