My husband impregnated my sister, wife tells court

Forum 7 years ago

My husband impregnated my sister, wife tells court

A 55-year-old trader, Mrs. Saidat Abu, on Thursday told an Igando Customary Court in Lagos that her husband impregnated her younger sister on two occasions.

The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Saidat spoke while responding to a suit filed by her husband, Momodu, alleging threats to his life and seeking a divorce.

Saidat said, “My husband had an affair with my sister, he impregnated her and aborted the pregnancy on two occasions. I decided not to fight him in order to save my marriage.”

The mother of two also described her husband as a callous man.

She said, “My husband took me to a hospital and connived with the doctor to remove my womb.

“Who will marry me now after my husband has removed my womb? Please do not grant his request,” she said.

Momodu, a 60-year-old businessman, had approached the court to end his 33-year-old marriage over his wife’s alleged fetish act.

The petitioner urged the court to terminate the marriage, saying he was fed up.

The court’s President, Mr. Adegboyega Omilola, after listening to the couple, adjourned the case till February 7, 2017.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Stop Intimidating Me, Obey Court Orders - Yahaya Bello Tells EFCC
Forum | 4 hours ago

Stop Intimidating Me, Obey Court Orders - Yahaya Bello Tells EFCC

Court Fixes May 17 To Rule On Detained Binance Executive
Forum | 4 hours ago

Court Fixes May 17 To Rule On Detained Binance Executive's Request For Bail

Court Gives Update On EFCC’s Suit Against Embattled Yahaya Bello
Forum | 4 hours ago

Court Gives Update On EFCC’s Suit Against Embattled Yahaya Bello

N80.2bn Fraud: Kogi Assembly Defends Yahaya Bello, Asks EFCC to Obey Court Order
Forum | 4 hours ago

N80.2bn Fraud: Kogi Assembly Defends Yahaya Bello, Asks EFCC to Obey Court Order