My Husband Denied Me Sèx For Two Years, Woman Tells Public

Forum 6 years ago

My Husband Denied Me Sèx For Two Years, Woman Tells Public

Bilkisu Lawal, a house wife, has told a Mararaba grade 1 area court in Nasarawa state that her husband, Shuaibu Yusuf, had denied her sex for two years. She is asking the court to dissolve the union which took place in 2012 and has produced a son.

Lawal, 30, narrated how her husband has not been performing his duties as a husband. She recalled that she started noticing some changes in her husband in 2014 when he stopped coming to her room.

“Sometime in October 2014, about six months after the birth of my son, my husband stopped having sex with me and providing for the family”, she said.

“On several occasions, I have asked what I did wrong, but he will not tell me; in December 2016, he sent me out of the house for no reason.

“Since then, he never bothered to know where my son and I are staying; neither did he bring money for his son’s upkeep.

“I have been living with my parent and I cannot continue to live as a married woman when my husband does not see me as a wife.”

Lawal said she had earlier reported the issue to her husband’s family after which both families addressed the issue.

“He promised to change but it has been the same thing,” she said. In his defence, the husband said he was still in love with his wife but has been undergoing some financial problems.

He said that was why when he sent her away from his house and had “specifically told her to go to her parent’s house for some time”.

He prayed the court to give him time to iron out the issue with his wife. Owuna Musa, the presiding judge, adjourned the matter till April 28 for report of settlement or continuation of hearing.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Shehu Sani Tells FG to Pull Down Chinese Supermarket Denying Nigerians Entrance
Forum | 14 hours ago

Shehu Sani Tells FG to Pull Down Chinese Supermarket Denying Nigerians Entrance

Your Evasion Of EFCC Arrest Is A Criminal Offence – Daniel Bwala Tells Yahaya Bello
Forum | 15 hours ago

Your Evasion Of EFCC Arrest Is A Criminal Offence – Daniel Bwala Tells Yahaya Bello

Don’t Give Admission to Candidates Less Than 18 Years – FG Warns Tertiary Institutions
Forum | 15 hours ago

Don’t Give Admission to Candidates Less Than 18 Years – FG Warns Tertiary Institutions

Account For Multi-Trillion-Naira Allocations From Federal Account Committee Or Face Legal Action - SERAP Tells Wike, 36 Governors
Forum | 1 day ago

Account For Multi-Trillion-Naira Allocations From Federal Account Committee Or Face Legal Action - SERAP Tells Wike, 36 Governors