My Family Thought I’d Drop Out Of Secondary School – Helen Paul

Forum 5 years ago

My Family Thought I’d Drop Out Of Secondary School – Helen Paul

Popular Nigerian comedian, Helen Paul, has revealed that her family members never thought she would complete her secondary school education.

Helen Paul who recently completed her PhD and bagged a Doctorate degree, has now explained why her family never expected her to go that far.

In a chat with, punchng.com, the comedian said, her family expected her to drop out at secondary school level because she was very restless and playful. She said;

“In my family, no one believed that I would complete secondary school education let alone attend university. My mother always told me that if I finished from secondary school with good grades, she would kill a cow because I was very restless and playful. When I finished from secondary school and took my result to her, I demanded my cow but she was not forthcoming so I asked for a chicken, but she simply told me she had cooked rice and that I should go and eat it.

“To motivate me the more, she said that I should complete my university education, and that is when she would believe that I had really achieved a feat in life.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
OAP Dotun Calls Out Alleged Bullies While He Was In Secondary School
Forum | 1 hour ago

OAP Dotun Calls Out Alleged Bullies While He Was In Secondary School

OAUTHC admission into school of community health for 2024/2025 academic session
Forum | 2 days ago

OAUTHC admission into school of community health for 2024/2025 academic session

Internet Fraud Training School Proprietor Jailed 10 Years In Uyo
Forum | 3 days ago

Internet Fraud Training School Proprietor Jailed 10 Years In Uyo

Chris Columbus to Direct The Thursday Murder Club Movie, Helen Mirren & More Eyed to Star
Forum | 3 days ago

Chris Columbus to Direct The Thursday Murder Club Movie, Helen Mirren & More Eyed to Star