Looters must face the wrath of the law – Buhari

Forum 7 years ago

Looters must face the wrath of the law – Buhari

President Muhammadu Buhari, has said he will not relent in his fight against corruption, stressing that no amount of pressure would make him give up on the pursuit.

Addressing a cross section of Nigerians who marched to the Presidential Villa to pledge their support for the on-going anti-corruption campaign, Buhari promised that his government will prosecute the current anti-graft war with due regard for the rule of law.

Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to the President, Femi Adesina, quoted Buhari as saying “I believe it is time for Nigeria to change course. That is why I sought election as President and got elected. As President, I am determined that Nigeria must move away from a course of endemic corruption that was leading us to perdition.

“There can be no question of us willfully allowing anyone to get away with corruption. No matter the pressure and entreaties, the anti-corruption war will continue and all accused persons will have their day in court.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Buhari’s Ex-aide Reacts As APC Suspends Ganduje
Forum | 4 days ago

Buhari’s Ex-aide Reacts As APC Suspends Ganduje

Publish Loan Agreements By Obasanjo, Yar’Adua, Jonathan And Buhari - Serap Tells President Tinubu
Forum | 5 days ago

Publish Loan Agreements By Obasanjo, Yar’Adua, Jonathan And Buhari - Serap Tells President Tinubu

Forum | 5 days ago

Let Us Support Tinubu, Governors - Buhari Appeals To Nigerians
Forum | 1 week ago

Let Us Support Tinubu, Governors - Buhari Appeals To Nigerians