Ladies, See The Things To Avoid if You Want To Keep Your Man

Forum 8 years ago

Ladies, See The Things To Avoid if You Want To Keep Your Man

You can have attractive assets or you are among the ladies whose natural endowment are on the average side and still beautiful. But if you don't know how to behave, your man will run, sooner or later.

Sometimes, after a few fantastic dates you had with a guy you really like, he suddenly stops calling and then it goes on and on with others too. And you soon start trying to use your body to keep them.

If you check well, it could be that your behaviour was really embarrassing for those guys and unless you take time to realise what those behaviours are, good men will keep running away from you.

Do you want to know the things that make men run and how to keep your man?

Elizabeth Stone of Your Tango have listed things ladies do that scare men away from them:

Clinging To Him Like Static:While it might seem like spending every waking moment together is fun at first, it WILL get old. It’s more likely that he’ll feel this before you do. All good relationships have a little space in them. Give him time to miss you and occasionally wait for him to initiate contact. Keep your friends, hobbies and interests alive.

Over-Communicating:“Hihihihihi” , “What are you doing?”, “How about now?”, “And now? I just thought I would share what I’m having for lunch.”, “I sneezed and thought of you!”, Ugh … just no. Sometimes we blow past all reasonable boundaries when we’re excited about a relationship. While it may initially seem cute to him that you’re contacting him a lot, before too long he’ll start seeing you as insecure and clingy. Remember, let him have some space so he's not chocked.

Nagging: It’s pretty much never a good time to start chiding him about things he’s “doing wrong”. You might change his behavior in the short term, but the cost you’ll pay in his resentment is large.

Emotional Outbursts: I don’t know a person alive who hasn’t at some point completely flipped their top. It happens to everyone. However, freaking out (and acting it out) is never good for your relationship. If you’re prone to this, work on displaying your feelings calmly. It never hurts.

Making Him Pay For Every Single Thing: I’m definitely a fan of courtship, but remember that it’s sure nice to treat him also. Expecting him to cover everything all the time is more than a little one-sided and mean. It can also make him feel like you’re just there for free dinner. There are other ways to reciprocate his generosity if you can’t afford to pay the check. For example, with a home-cooked meal, wash his clothes, a date that you arrange or little thoughtful surprises for him. It should feel like you’re both giving to the relationship, not like he’s paying for your company.

Acting Entitled: Don’t act like you automatically own his weekends, access to his wallet or anything else. Be nice to everyone, and don’t treat anyone like they owe you something.

Being Rude To Others: I realize that telling you NOT to act like a jerk if you’re really a jerk isn’t going to create meaningful change in the world. But for those of you who have an edge, know that it can kill your budding romance dead.

Making Him Accommodate Your High Maintenance Behavior: High maintenance behavior has a lot of different manifestations. Maybe it’s not leaving the house without looking like a fashionista or wanting that perfect, specific food item. High maintenance is a lot of things. They’re not all bad, but you simply shouldn’t require him to suffer as a result. For my sisters who look amazing all the time, go on with your bad self. This is not about dulling your shine or putting you down. It’s about... waiting time. No one wants to feel like they’re with someone who disrespects their time or that you can’t go for a spontaneous walk because you wore "This Ordinary Shoes". So get the beauty routine figured out before he shows up to pick you up for dates, and dress for what you expect to do together...

Emasculating Him: If you try to do this to a man, especially with spiritual stuffs, you are finished if he by any means get to know about it. Love your man with all your heart, you will enjoy him when he feels you are truly in love with him and not after some material things from him.

Making Assumptions: There are a ton of things to make assumptions about when you meet someone new, and the vast majority are a bad idea. Assuming that he’s on the same page as you, automatically thinking he’s “up to something” or wondering if he’s already pulling away are all problematic. When in doubt, have a chat with your man and make him feel your love even more. Don't compete with him.

Predicting That “It’s Over” And Then Making That A Self-Fulfilling Prophecy:Maybe he doesn’t call at the exact time or day he says he will.
Maybe things seem "off". The problem is that filling these grey areas with doubt and mistrust will create a problem where there wasn’t one before. Send him a loving message and remind him that you are always ready to work with him to achieve your desires and most importantly, tell him "I love you!" with a reassuring smile.
[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
I Don’t Want To Be a Godfather – El Rufai
Forum | 22 hours ago

I Don’t Want To Be a Godfather – El Rufai

I Met Paul As A Single Man - Ivy Ifeoma Addresses Accusations Of Being A Husband Snatcher
Forum | 1 day ago

I Met Paul As A Single Man - Ivy Ifeoma Addresses Accusations Of Being A Husband Snatcher

Bobrisky: Nigeria Has Become Dumping Ground For A Lot Of Things - Foluke Daramola
Forum | 1 day ago

Bobrisky: Nigeria Has Become Dumping Ground For A Lot Of Things - Foluke Daramola

One-Punch Man Live-Action Movie Enlists Rick & Morty Creator as Writer
Forum | 1 day ago

One-Punch Man Live-Action Movie Enlists Rick & Morty Creator as Writer