Keshi to lead Nigeria against Congo & SA

Forum 9 years ago

Keshi to lead Nigeria against Congo & SA

Stephen Keshiwill return to the Nigeria job in a temporary role for two matches in the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers next month, pending when his contract details will be finalized with the NFF.
The Super Eagles will begin their qualifiers with matches against Congo in Calabar on September 6 before traveling to face South Africa in Cape Town on September 10.
The 52-year-old has been locked in negotiations since his contract expired at the end of the World Cup.
Having declared that he would no longer consider taking the job last week, Keshi has now made a u-turn after getting assurances from sports minister Tammy Danagogo.
"I want to respect the wishes of Nigerians and the appeal by the Sports Minister to handle the team at least for the two games," Keshi spoke onAIT's SportsExtra.
"The need to answer the patriotic call and respect the wishes of Nigerians informed my coming for the key games.
"We work[ed] so hard to win the Nations Cup in South Africa, I think we should do all that we can to defend it in Morocco next year," he added.
As Goal reported last week, there have been delays in reaching an agreement with the coach due to the factions in the NFF as well as the financial constraints which it is facing

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Falcon and the Winter Soldier Star Emily VanCamp to Lead Drama Series About Former Sex Worker
Forum | 1 day ago

Falcon and the Winter Soldier Star Emily VanCamp to Lead Drama Series About Former Sex Worker

Jurassic World: Jonathan Bailey in Talks for Lead Role in 2025 Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

Jurassic World: Jonathan Bailey in Talks for Lead Role in 2025 Movie

Nigerian Govt to Sell Crude Oil in Naira to Dangote and Other Local Refineries
Forum | 1 day ago

Nigerian Govt to Sell Crude Oil in Naira to Dangote and Other Local Refineries

He Bled Neon: Peaky Blinders’ Joe Cole to Lead Action Thriller Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

He Bled Neon: Peaky Blinders’ Joe Cole to Lead Action Thriller Movie