Just In : Those awaiting NYSC Batch A Stream 2 may not be mobilized due to lack of fund from the FG

Forum 7 years ago

Just In : Those awaiting NYSC Batch A Stream 2 may not be mobilized due to lack of fund from the FG

DG of NYSC Brig.-Gen. Sulyman Kazaure, Director-General, told the Senate today that lack of funds may stall mobilising 2016 Batch A Stream 2 prospective corps members for orientation which is expected to commence on Friday.

Kazaure said that the money required for the exercise was yet to be provided, adding that the NYSC had written several letters requesting for the money but that as at today, it was yet to receive response from the FG.

His words: “We have written to Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports, Finance, Budget and the Presidency even before the end of the orientation camp for Batch A, Stream 1.

We are presently at a loss now as there is no money for us to mobilise thousands of prospective corps members in the Batch A Stream 2 to camp this Friday. The problem staring us in the face arose from the N13 bn shortfall we had in the 2016 budget estimate which the agency made strong request for its provision during budget defence.”

He however, expressed the hope that the presidency may make last minute intervention because the Chief of Staff to Pres. Buhari had invited the Minister of Youths and Sports, Solomon Dalong, to see him over the matter.

In his remark, Chairman of the Senate committee, Sen. Obinna Ogba assured the NYSC that the senate would intervene in the matter…. open and close….

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
We Are Just Friends - American Woman Seen In Cosy Picture With Davido Clarifies
Forum | 10 hours ago

We Are Just Friends - American Woman Seen In Cosy Picture With Davido Clarifies

How Seven People Drown In Just One Week — Lagos Police Reveals
Forum | 3 days ago

How Seven People Drown In Just One Week — Lagos Police Reveals

Nigerian Actress, Obey Etok Chima Suffers Double Blow As She Loses Her Father Just Hours Before Her Husband’s Burial
Forum | 3 days ago

Nigerian Actress, Obey Etok Chima Suffers Double Blow As She Loses Her Father Just Hours Before Her Husband’s Burial

I Used Bleaching Cream For Over 15 Years, I
Forum | 4 days ago

I Used Bleaching Cream For Over 15 Years, I'm Just 35 And I Look Older Than My Age Now - Lady Laments