I was Arrested 14 Times by Jonathan's Government - Senator Dino Melaye Opens Up

Forum 7 years ago

I was Arrested 14 Times by Jonathan's Government - Senator Dino Melaye Opens Up

Senator Dino Melaye who represents Kogi west senatorial district, has talked about his stance on being known as a controversial politician, as he reveals what he went through in the administration of ex-president Goodluck Jonathan.

Speaking in an interview with NAIJ.com, outspoken Kogi APC chieftain, Senator Dino Melaye, the Senate committee chairman of Federal Capital Territory (FCT) on Monday, May 9th, disclosed that he is one of the most investigated Nigerians.

When he was asked about his stance as being known as a controversial individual as well as his his lifestyle, the outspoken senator said that he was arrested 14 times in the administration of former President Goodluck Jonathan and is currently being investigated, adding that he has never been involved in illegal work because he does not abhor to corruption.

"I am one of the most investigated Nigerians maybe what they are yet to find out is where my placenta was buried and they will have to go to Kano to get that.

"Anyone who has any negative thing about me should please come out. Even right now, I am being investigated, petitions with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), some with the CCB, I even got information that the bureau is investigating me, I laugh at this because it will turn out to be a beautiful nonsense.

"I am a straight Nigerian and have never been involved in anything illegal. Today I can buy a private jet and I will buy one and put a D on it. I did not steal, I cannot steal and I will not steal. I am not frivolous, I know the value of money. I am big time into properties.

"I am a politician. Whatever I do is my business but I will never do anything illegal. I was arrested last year alone by Jonathan’s administration 14 times," he said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Police Parade Arrested Yoruba Nation Agitators In Oyo
Forum | 2 hours ago

Police Parade Arrested Yoruba Nation Agitators In Oyo

Jurassic World: Jonathan Bailey in Talks for Lead Role in 2025 Movie
Forum | 5 hours ago

Jurassic World: Jonathan Bailey in Talks for Lead Role in 2025 Movie

DSS Releases El-Rufai’s Ally Arrested Over Anti-Governor Sani Post
Forum | 6 hours ago

DSS Releases El-Rufai’s Ally Arrested Over Anti-Governor Sani Post