I Think It’s Nigeria’s Moment, It’s Africa’s Moment; Jidenna Talks To CNN

Forum 7 years ago

I Think It’s Nigeria’s Moment, It’s Africa’s Moment; Jidenna Talks To CNN

Nigerian-American rapper and singer, Jidenna spared no words in hailing the current growth of the Nigerian music industry. Speaking to CNN in a recent interview, the Little Bit More crooner, expressed his satisfaction with the Afro-Beat genre saying Nigeria was taking Africa to another level.

He confirmed working on a collaboration with Wizkid and also hopes to work with Tiwa Savage, Flavour, Davido and a couple others in future.

He said; “I think it’s Nigeria’s moment, it’s Africa’s moment,” he told CNN. “I think Nigeria is a spearhead because Nigerians seem to be charged full of character so people are eating it up all across the world.”

The muti-talented act, is gearing up to drop his debut album “Long Live The Chief” and has been able to crunch out a couple of tracks off the album in which he had spiced a little pidgin English – in a few tracks.

Jidenna said; “I wanted to see [if] in the US, I can get a song on the radio that actually has pidgin in it? And I did it.

“That’s the beautiful thing… [my album] you can dance and shoki to it, in the larger context my album blends the different worlds that I’ve lived in”.

He further spoke on what inspires his lyrics while crediting it to the various proverbs he picked off back in Nigeria

“I have all these proverbs stored in my head,” he said. “My friends always laugh because they’re like you’re always trying to preach and teach something to us.“

“I grew up with all these proverbs and I have to share it, I think it’s the values and principles that makes my Nigerian identity a part of me stand out.”

Jidenna currently visited Nigeria where he shot a home coming documentary while visiting his home town, Enugu.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Moment Bride Arrives School in Wedding Gown to Write Her Final Exam
Forum | 6 hours ago

Moment Bride Arrives School in Wedding Gown to Write Her Final Exam

EFCC Arrests Sirika Over N8bn Nigeria Air Fraud
Forum | 7 hours ago

EFCC Arrests Sirika Over N8bn Nigeria Air Fraud

Ryan Gosling Doesn’t Think The Nice Guys 2 Will Ever Happen
Forum | 20 hours ago

Ryan Gosling Doesn’t Think The Nice Guys 2 Will Ever Happen