I Don’t Have a Problem with Mega Party – Saraki Speaks on New Party Being Formed by APC & PDP Members

Forum 7 years ago

I Don’t Have a Problem with Mega Party – Saraki Speaks on New Party Being Formed by APC & PDP Members

Speaking in an interview aired on Channels TV, Senate President, Bukola Saraki says he does not have a problem with the new mega party as long as it will push country’s economy forward.“If the mega party will see us pushing Nigeria’s economy forward, I don’t have problem. Like I have said to many people, my focus now is on the economy,” he said.

According to The Cable News, the Action Democratic Party (ADP), a new political party, has submitted requirements for registration to the Independent National Elect0ral Commission (INEC).

Members of the new party are reportedly drawn from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), All Progressives Congress (APC) and other political groups.

Speaking to journalists after the registration attempt, Yagbayi Sani, protemnational chairman of ADP, described the party as an alternative platform that will put the country“on the path of sustainable development and national cohesion”.

“The current pathetic and weak conditions of the existing major political parties in Nigeria as well as the challenging socio-economic and political situation in the country made us establish this party… It is a child of necessity,” he had said.

“The ADP is poised to rebuild Nigeria to achieve greatness as envisaged and desired by all. It is regrettable that despite the enormous human resources for development that we are endowed with, the nation wallows in abject poverty, and lack of direction, the ADP is prepared and equipped to halt this slide.”

Saraki also spoke about the APC, admitting that the ruling party had made some mistakes.

“It’s been tough. There are many things we should have done differently; we didn’t manage the success well in the early stage. But it’s a learning curve,” he said.

“Here is a party that hasn’t been in power for so many years. But we are making progress. I mean look at the budget process. Compare now to last year, you will see that the process is better, and it’s going to get better as we go on.”

Saraki also promised Nigerians that there would not be delay in the passage of the 2017 budget.

“The national assembly will open up its budget in 2017, yes in my owntime,” he said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Why Ganduje Should Resign As APC National Chairman – Lawyer
Forum | 2 days ago

Why Ganduje Should Resign As APC National Chairman – Lawyer

BREAKING: Suspected Terrorists Kill Ruling PDP Secretary In Zamfara State
Forum | 2 days ago

BREAKING: Suspected Terrorists Kill Ruling PDP Secretary In Zamfara State

APC Chieftain Begs Tinubu to Settle Kwankwaso-Ganduje Feud
Forum | 2 days ago

APC Chieftain Begs Tinubu to Settle Kwankwaso-Ganduje Feud