I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Arms Procurement Contract - Goodluck Jonathan

Forum 8 years ago

I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Arms Procurement Contract - Goodluck Jonathan

Former President Goodluck Jonathan has denied claims by former NSA Sambo Dasuki that he awarded a $2 billion arms procurement contract while he was in office. Jonathan stated his position on the controversy surrounding arms procurement investigative panel, while speaking at a forum in Washington DC, yesterday November 19th

“I did not award any $2 billion contract for procurement of weapons. Where did the money come from?” he said

In a statement on Wednesday November 18th, Dasuki alleged that he bought some weapons worth over $2 billion which was approved by the former President(read here). He also dismissed allegations that $59.8 million was stolen just a year before the end of his government

“In Nigeria, if you lose $59.8 million in a year, federal and state governments will not pay salaries. Of course we brought international audit teams, forensic auditors and they didn’t see that,” he said.
[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Heartstopper Season 3 Adds Hayley Atwell, Jonathan Bailey, & More to Cast
Forum | 17 hours ago

Heartstopper Season 3 Adds Hayley Atwell, Jonathan Bailey, & More to Cast

Give Her A Break, Did She Choose To Be Born Into A Razz Environment Or Family? - Etinosa Fires Back At Nigerians Attacking Phyna
Forum | 3 days ago

Give Her A Break, Did She Choose To Be Born Into A Razz Environment Or Family? - Etinosa Fires Back At Nigerians Attacking Phyna

Singer, Mayorkun Slams N1 Billion Lawsuit Against TikToker, Dabarbie Who Claimed He’s A ‘Ritualist’
Forum | 4 days ago

Singer, Mayorkun Slams N1 Billion Lawsuit Against TikToker, Dabarbie Who Claimed He’s A ‘Ritualist’

Charles Okocha Excited As He
Forum | 1 week ago

Charles Okocha Excited As He's Honoured With Award by Mayor of Brampton in Canada