Duo is Google's latest easiest way of making video calling, and rather than basing it on your Google account or your email, it's tied to your phone number, making it easier for you to chat with the contacts that are already in your phone.
More so, you can invite those who are yet to have it install on their smartphone.
The app was launched on Google Play and on iOS and the keyword for Google Duo is Simplicity.
The app is easy to use and set up. I’ll quickly guide you on how to easily set it up as a first time user.
How to Set Up Duo Video Calling
1.Download Google Duo
2. Open Duo.
3. Agree toGoogle's Terms and Conditionsfor the Duo app.
4. If you're running Android 6.0 or higher, you'll have to accept permissions one-by-one at launch:
·Allow Duo to take pictures and video so that the app (and whoever calls you) can see you.
·Allow Duo to record audio so that the app (and whoever calls you) can hear you.
·Allow Duo to access your contacts so that it can see which of your contacts are on Google Duo and who you could invite to the service.
·Allow Duo to send and view text messages to that it can send invites to your contacts and so it can see the verification code you'll receive in a few steps.
5.Type in your phone number to use with Google Duo.
6. Your phone will receive a text messageto verify your number.
It may automatically read the verification code or you’ll need to enter it manually.
7. Now your Duo is set.
How to Make a Call With Duo?
1. Tap Video Call.
2. Select the person you'd like to call from your contacts or type in the number you'd like to reach.
4. Duo will call your contact,making your video visible with Knock Knock.
5. To end your call, tap thered phone button in the bottom centerof your screen.
Google Duo Settings
Go to Google Duo settings by tapping the three-dot menu in the top-left corner of the app's main screen and selecting Settings.
*.If you don't want the people you call to see you before they accept the call, you canslide the togglefor Knock Knock off.
*.By default, the setting to limit mobile data usage is on, knocking down the video quality when you're away from Wi-Fi, so if you want full video quality this is where you canenable it.
So go ahead and explore the beauty of Duo video calling…
If You Enjoyed This Post Please Take 5 Seconds To Share It.