How My Boyfriend Killed My Sister, Battered Me for Refusing Abortion - Woman Opens Up in Court

Forum 7 years ago

How My Boyfriend Killed My Sister, Battered Me for Refusing Abortion - Woman Opens Up in Court

A woman identified as Justina Dusu, on Friday, told a Jos High Court how her boyfriend, Stephen Luka, got her pregnant and murdered her sister.

The 27-year-old woman who is heavily pregnant, told the court in her testimony that the accused person, with whom she had been in a relationship since 2007, impregnated last year.

Speaking before the chief judge, Justice Nafisa Musa, Dusu, a resident of Foron, Barkin-Ladi Local Government of Plateau, that the accused attacked her and her sister on July 27, 2016 at his home, in Sabon Gari, Tudun Wada, Jos, after confronting him over her (Dusu’s) pregnancy.

She said, “I met Stephen on December 2 2007 while I was still in secondary school. I later left to Abuja, but came back to Jos in May 2016. We met on my return and he invited me to his place sometime in June 2016, where he had sex with me.

“I later realized I was pregnant and called his attention to it but he told me he was not ready to be a father and suggested an abortion which I promptly rejected.

“I told him I would rather give birth to the baby and give to my parents than have an abortion.

“On July 25, I told my sister, late Simi Dusu, about the pregnancy and Luka’s idea of an abortion; she tried to reach him on phone without success and we decided to go to see him in his house.

“On July 27, we took a cab to his house, when I sighted him, we alighted and followed him to the house. He didn’t deny the pregnancy, but said that he was not ready to be a father, and that his parents had already chased him out of the house.

“While we were discussing, my sister stepped out to receive a phone but before she returned, he started hitting me on my head. When I started screaming, my sister tried to enter, but he locked the door.

“She forced the door open and he descended on her with a machete and killed her. He again returned to me and kept hitting me.

“I only regained consciousness at the Hwolshe Medical Centre, Jos, and received the news that my sister had died.”

On his part, the accused, who is being tried over attempted murder, assault and sexual abuse, denied the allegations.

He insisted Dusu engaged in a fight with her sister over him and it was in the process she died, but speaking further, Dusu denied his claim, insisting it was ‘a lie’.

The prosecutor, Muleng Alex, after taking the witness’ accounts, prayed the court to adjourn the matter to another date.

In his ruling, Justice Musa, adjourned the matter to February 28, for mention.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Court Orders INEC To Publish Audited Election Expenses Of Political Parties, Others
Forum | 6 hours ago

Court Orders INEC To Publish Audited Election Expenses Of Political Parties, Others

I’m Still In Charge - Ganduje Reacts As Court Stops Suspension
Forum | 6 hours ago

I’m Still In Charge - Ganduje Reacts As Court Stops Suspension

UCL: You killed the game – Gundogan blames Barcelona teammate for PSG defeat
Forum | 1 day ago

UCL: You killed the game – Gundogan blames Barcelona teammate for PSG defeat

Autopsy Begins On Remains Of Hotel Manager Allegedly Killed By Soldiers In Umuahia
Forum | 2 days ago

Autopsy Begins On Remains Of Hotel Manager Allegedly Killed By Soldiers In Umuahia