How FG plans to end bombing of oil installations in Niger Delta – NSCDC boss

Forum 7 years ago

How FG plans to end bombing of oil installations in Niger Delta – NSCDC boss

The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) said on Thursday that the dialogue approach adopted by the Federal Government with militants would end the ongoing bombings of oil facilities in the Niger Delta.
The NSCDC Commandant General, Alhaji Abdullahi Muhammadu gave the assurance while speaking to journalists in Minna.

“The Federal Government has commenced negotiations with some of the aggrieved militants in the region on the need to sheath their swords and embrace peaceful resolutions of all perceived grievances that led to the bombings of oil pipelines in the region.

“To the best of my knowledge, I think the Federal Government is already negotiating with them.

“At the last meeting we had, we discussed at length and very soon all these bombings will come to an end.

“The government is trying to negotiate with them with a view to finding out why they are doing it so in order as to get to the root of the problem.’’

Muhammadu explained that the government chose the option of dialogue with the militant groups in order not to send a wrong signal to the international community on some of the happenings in the country.

“You know we are in a democratic setting, so we have to be very careful of what we do.

“ After the first bombing, second bombing and the third bombing, we were sent there and we did our job there to find out some things.

“During the period of our assignment, we went on a fact-finding mission and we came back with some facts which I will not disclose to you now. But I am sure it will soon come to an end,’’ he said. (NAN)

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Nigeria Has Become Laughing Stock Across the World – T Y Danjuma
Forum | 5 hours ago

Nigeria Has Become Laughing Stock Across the World – T Y Danjuma

Nigerian Army Neutralizes Three Bandits In Benue, Confirms Rescue Of Pregnant Chibok Girl And Her 3 Children From Terrorists
Forum | 1 day ago

Nigerian Army Neutralizes Three Bandits In Benue, Confirms Rescue Of Pregnant Chibok Girl And Her 3 Children From Terrorists' Captivity

Nigerian Police Arrest Suspected Vandal, Recover Stolen Cables In Enugu
Forum | 1 day ago

Nigerian Police Arrest Suspected Vandal, Recover Stolen Cables In Enugu

NSCDC Parades Suspected Vandals, One Other With Fake Dollar Notes In Bauchi
Forum | 1 day ago

NSCDC Parades Suspected Vandals, One Other With Fake Dollar Notes In Bauchi