How a Lightning Bolt Killed My Two Sons Right Before My Eyes - Man Tells Tragic Tale

Forum 7 years ago

How a Lightning Bolt Killed My Two Sons Right Before My Eyes - Man Tells Tragic Tale

A man identified as Mbhekeni Gina, has lost his two kids to lightning.

According to Daily Sun SA, when Mbhekeni saw dark clouds gathering on Saturday, he immediately told his family to rush into the house and wait for the thunderstorm to pass.

However, in a flash the lightning struck, killing his two kids instantly! The father survived with terrible injuries.

Mbhekeni Gina, 56, from Zibambele Village in Nongoma, northern KZN, South Africa, said the deaths of hiw sons, Sinethemba, 19, and Nhlakanipho, 17, had left a huge hole in his heart.

“I had hoped that they would free the family from our chains of poverty in just a few years’ time.”

Both kids were at high school.

Now there are only four members of the family. They lost everything they kept in the rondavel including food, clothes and blankets when it caught fire after the lightning strike.

Officials from Nongoma Municipality and residents visited the Gina family on Sunday to bring them blankets and tent material to help build a temporary shelter.

Msawakhe Mayisela, the KZN co-operative governance and traditional affairs spokesman, said MEC Nomusa Dube-Ncube was working on a project to install lightning conductors in rural areas.

“She encourages residents to be wary of threatening weather conditions at all times. She also urged them to consider bringing back the practice and passing down of indigenous knowledge used by elders to show respect for nature.”

He said people should avoid using water when thunderstorms are approaching.

A disaster management team will also visit the family and several other families whose houses were damaged in the storm.

KZN police spokeswoman, Colonel Thembeka Mbhele, confirmed that two siblings were struck by lightning and died instantly.

“An inquest docket was opened at Nongoma cop shop.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Hit Man Trailer Shows Glen Powell Playing a Master of Disguise
Forum | 9 hours ago

Hit Man Trailer Shows Glen Powell Playing a Master of Disguise

Submit Yourself For Probe - FG Tells Ex-Kogi Gov Yahaya Bello
Forum | 10 hours ago

Submit Yourself For Probe - FG Tells Ex-Kogi Gov Yahaya Bello

Hit Man Poster Previews the Glen Powell-led Comedy Action Movie
Forum | 1 day ago