Horror as Family of Three Dies After Falling Into Volcanic Crater (Photos)

Forum 6 years ago

Horror as Family of Three Dies After Falling Into Volcanic Crater (Photos)

A family of three persons has tragically perished after falling inside a volcanic crater in an open field.

According to a Metro UK report, about three members of the same family have died after they fell into a volcanic crater near Naples, Italy.

One of the children is believed to have fallen into the Solfatara crater at Pozzuoli and their mother, 42, and father, 45, went to help.

However they also got into difficulties and are said to have died instantly.

It is not yet known if the family died as a result of the extreme temperatures in the volcano, or the fumes being emitted.

A second child, seven, managed to escape to safety while emergency crews rushed to the scene.

They are believed to have crossed through a safety barrier preventing people from getting to the crater.

According to local reports, the family were from Turin in Italy.

Eye-witness Diego Vitagliano told R.it Naples: ‘I saw a child run crying, I did not think I was facing the worst tragedy of my life, I’m a father too.

‘I was at the Solfatara for work, along with other visitors we realised that something had happened and we approached the crater. I did not imagine what I would see.

‘[It is] a tragedy. They pulled out two bodies, then pulled us away. I continue to think about that family and that poor boy crying and asking for help.’

Local mayor Vincenzo Figliolia said he was ‘upset’ following the tragedy.

He expressed his ‘closeness from the community’ to the family of the victims.

The Solfatara crater is a dormant volcano which still emits jets of steam filled with sulphurous fumes.

It was formed around 4,000 years ago – and last erupted in 1198.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
The Devil’s Bath Shudder Release Date Confirmed for Period Horror Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

The Devil’s Bath Shudder Release Date Confirmed for Period Horror Movie

Refuge Trailer Unleashes Hell in New Renny Harlin Horror Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

Refuge Trailer Unleashes Hell in New Renny Harlin Horror Movie

Wild Eyed and Wicked Release Date Announced for Fantasy Horror Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

Wild Eyed and Wicked Release Date Announced for Fantasy Horror Movie