Great things wives do

Forum 9 years ago

Great things wives do

Some wives are a delight to their husbands and possess ingredients that make them happy

She is quick to say sorry

It is virtuous to be the first to apologise during and after any quarrel. Winning wives do this always

“The woman bears the burden of ensuring peace in the home at all times. Even if you are right, just say, ‘I’m sorry,’ and move on because men are egoistic. I apologise whenever there is a quarrel because we just have to maintain a peaceful atmosphere for the children’s sake.”

— Boluwatife is married to Segun Oluwayomi, gospel artiste

She is accommodating

The circumstance notwithstanding, a wife withstands pressure and embraces the good of all situations.

“With God, I have coped very well with his fans. I am not a superwoman but I have adjusted very well. Everybody in the entertainment industry has fans, it is not limited to just my husband.

— Yvonne, is married to Sam Oguachuba aka Samklef, a rap artiste

Doesn’t get overly jealous

Jealousy becomes destructive if not controlled.

I am not jealous of his fans because I expected it. He is in the public eye and is expected to have female fans. I know my man and I also know that whatever any girl does outside is to her own detriment. My husband will always come back to me.”

— Amelia is married to Seun Kentebe, an actor She’s wise

Wisdom directs the affairs of any long-standing marriage. A wise wife knows what to do at the right time.

“He gets angry easily, especially when he does not have money. When he is angry, we all keep our distance.”

— Chibuzor is married to Francis Odega, an actor

It’s impossible to have a quarrel-free relationship but a good wife learns how to settle with her spouse on time.

“We agreed never to go to bed with hurts. We must talk about the problem and trash it out no matter how long it takes. So far, we have done that and it has helped a great deal.”

— Chioma, an On-Air-Personality, is married to Bobby Agwunobi

She is transparent

Money is a medium of exchange and not the controlling force of love. A good wife is transparent with financial issues in a marriage.

“We have maintained a joint account but we also have separate accounts. We are both transparent about our earnings, gifts and expenses. It is fair to say that whoever is buoyant at any time foots the bill.”

— Tayo, a medical practitioner, is married to Israel Abiara, a gospel artiste

She’s submissive

Submission is a virtue. It is what differentiates a woman from a girl.

“It took me time to get used to submitting wholly because I had become used to being independent.”

— Precious is married to William Orioha, aka 2shotz, a musician

She does not shout

When a wife engages her husband in a shouting match, she exposes her relationship to third parties

“Our kind of quarrel is not one that makes people shout and scream at each other. This has never cropped up in our 13 years of marriage. If he is upset, I know what to do and vice versa.”

— Yvonne Ebbi, an etiquette expert, is married to Ken

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
In Some Part Of Lagos, Friends Now Exchange Their Wives During Weekends - Nigerian Activist Claims
Forum | 2 days ago

In Some Part Of Lagos, Friends Now Exchange Their Wives During Weekends - Nigerian Activist Claims

Bobrisky: Nigeria Has Become Dumping Ground For A Lot Of Things - Foluke Daramola
Forum | 1 week ago

Bobrisky: Nigeria Has Become Dumping Ground For A Lot Of Things - Foluke Daramola

Relax, Things Are Getting Better – Akpabio Declares
Forum | 1 week ago

Relax, Things Are Getting Better – Akpabio Declares

Nigerian Pastor Who Married 3 Wives Breaks Silence
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Nigerian Pastor Who Married 3 Wives Breaks Silence