Goodluck Jonathan's Nephew Shoots Two People During Masquerade Procession in Bayelsa

Forum 6 years ago

Goodluck Jonathan's Nephew Shoots Two People During Masquerade Procession in Bayelsa

A nephew to ex president Goodluck Jonathan has reportedly shot as many as two persons during a masquerade procession in Bayelsa.

Mr. Oguanisi Akpusu, a nephew of former President Goodluck Jonathan, has been arrested in Bayelsa State over the alleged shooting of two persons during a masquerade in Emeyal 1 community in Ogbia Local Government Area.

According to Saturday Punch, he has since been released as the police said the shooting was “accidental.

The Commissioner of Police, Bayelsa State, Mr. Asuquo Amba, made this disclosure while parading suspects before journalists in Yenagoa.

The CP made no comment about how Akpusu came to be in possession of a gun.

Amba said the victims of the accident sustained gunshot injuries in their legs and thighs.

He explained that Akpusu was part of the ongoing masquerade in Ogbia kingdom, during which he shot two persons at Emeyal 1 and was arrested by policemen attached to the Kolo Police Division.

He said the case had been moved to the Serious Crimes Unit of the state police command in Yenagoa.

“Preliminary investigations showed that it was a case of accidental discharge at a masquerade in Otuoke and Emeyal area of Ogbia LGA. The victims are being taken care of by the suspect and the Ogbia people. It may have been a mistake,” Asuquo said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Jurassic World: Jonathan Bailey in Talks for Lead Role in 2025 Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

Jurassic World: Jonathan Bailey in Talks for Lead Role in 2025 Movie

People Inciting Me to Probe Gov Yusuf – Kano Anti-graft Agency Chair
Forum | 2 days ago

Forum | 2 days ago

Publish Loan Agreements By Obasanjo, Yar’Adua, Jonathan And Buhari - Serap Tells President Tinubu
Forum | 4 days ago

Publish Loan Agreements By Obasanjo, Yar’Adua, Jonathan And Buhari - Serap Tells President Tinubu