Fayose Kept On Raising False Allegations Against Me - Aisha Buhari Insists

Forum 7 years ago

Fayose Kept On Raising False Allegations Against Me - Aisha Buhari Insists

Mrs Aisha Buhari who is currently on a week visit to the United States of America has spoken in an interview with the Hausa service of the Voice of America, VOA on why he sued Ayo Fayose.

According to the wife of the president, she sued Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, because he attacked her for no reason, while also raising false allegations against her. She said Mr. Fayose had been insulting her and the president since during the 2015 campaign.

"At the time, he was not the only one insulting us, but people felt that it was just campaign," Mrs. Buhari said.

"After the election, which we won and they lost, everyone else moved on except him and he extended his insults to me. I did not run for president. I am a married woman and I have never called his name. I never knew him. But as governor and chief executive, he kept insulting and raising false allegations against me, I have to respond and I decided to go to court.

"He made allegations over what he said I did here in the US, even though I have never met the people he mentioned."

Mr. Fayose had dared Mrs. Buhari to visit the United States after he falsely accused her of having been indicted in the famous William Jefferson bribery scandal.

The governor insisted the president's wife was named in the scam even after this newspaper's investigation showed clearly she was not the Aisha Buhari mentioned in the case

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC
Forum | 2 days ago

Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC

Those Asking Me to Apologize Worse Than Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu
Forum | 3 days ago

Those Asking Me to Apologize Worse Than Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu

Eight Years Not Forever – Aisha Yesufu Mocks Yahaya Bello, ElRufai
Forum | 6 days ago

Eight Years Not Forever – Aisha Yesufu Mocks Yahaya Bello, ElRufai

I Can’t Imagine It – Aisha Yesufu On Governor Ododo Stopping Yahaya Bello’s Arrest
Forum | 6 days ago

I Can’t Imagine It – Aisha Yesufu On Governor Ododo Stopping Yahaya Bello’s Arrest