Emmanuel Adebayor Dropped As Captain Of Togolese National Team

Forum 8 years ago

Emmanuel Adebayor Dropped As Captain Of Togolese National Team

A lot of people have family issues...most don't go on the internet to expose themselves like footballer Emmanuel Adebayor did. That action seems to have repercussions because not only has his football club Tottemham given him compassionate leave to go sort himself out, he has now been dropped as captain of Togolese national football team.

The captaincy of the former African Footballer of the Year was revoked by Togo manager Tom Saintfiet on the morning of their opening Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Liberia. Despite scoring at the match and helping them win, his captaincy has not been returned. Reacting, Emmanuel Adebayor said he is not sure of his future in the national team and says he may not play in the next match which is in September
'For now, I don't know if I'll play in September - I'll be here and I'll talk with the coach. I need to know whether he really needs me in the team or not. I have been the captain for seven or eight years and then one morning I'm told I won't be the captain - that means that we can go to Djibouti and he will put me in the stands." he said
[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Why Ganduje Should Resign As APC National Chairman – Lawyer
Forum | 2 days ago

Why Ganduje Should Resign As APC National Chairman – Lawyer

Jnr Pope: Man Who Claims To Be The Captain Of The Boat Gives Account Of What Allegedly Transpired Before And After The Accident
Forum | 3 days ago

Jnr Pope: Man Who Claims To Be The Captain Of The Boat Gives Account Of What Allegedly Transpired Before And After The Accident

Andy Samberg & Radio Silence to Team up for Upcoming Comedy
Forum | 4 days ago

Andy Samberg & Radio Silence to Team up for Upcoming Comedy

EPL: I want to coach top team – Fabregas hints at return to England
Forum | 5 days ago

EPL: I want to coach top team – Fabregas hints at return to England