Diezani Alison-Madueke to Appear Before UK Court Over Money Laundering, Bribery Allegations

Forum 8 years ago

Diezani Alison-Madueke to Appear Before UK Court Over Money Laundering, Bribery Allegations

Former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Diezani Alison-Madueke is expected to appear at the Westminster Magistrate’s Court in London on Tuesday.

Diezani, who was arraigned in October 2015, is expected to answer to money laundering and bribery allegations.

She was arrested alongside four others by the United Kingdom’s National Crime Agency (NCA) and was subsequently granted bail and told to return to court today – when a decision will be made on the £27,000 seized from her and other charges made against her.

The court ruled in October 2015 that she should remain in London while investigations last.

The Nation reports that the NCA is working with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) in the ongoing probe of the former minister.

At the time of her arrest in London, her Abuja home was raided by the EFCC while the NCA found some of her brothers and business partners complicit in the money laundering allegation.

Diezani’s brothers, Abiye Agama and Somye Agama are directors of Hadley Petroleum Solutions Limited, a company believed to have been used for money laundering.

The company was registered in June 2013 in Manchester, but was dissolved less than two years later.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Court Orders INEC To Publish Audited Election Expenses Of Political Parties, Others
Forum | 8 hours ago

Court Orders INEC To Publish Audited Election Expenses Of Political Parties, Others

I’m Still In Charge - Ganduje Reacts As Court Stops Suspension
Forum | 8 hours ago

I’m Still In Charge - Ganduje Reacts As Court Stops Suspension

EFCC Charge: Court Fixes Date to Rule on Substituted Service on Yahaya Bello
Forum | 9 hours ago

EFCC Charge: Court Fixes Date to Rule on Substituted Service on Yahaya Bello

I Didn’t Make A Penny At My Last Show Because People Were Scared Of Spraying Money — Rapper Speed Darlington Cries Out
Forum | 13 hours ago

I Didn’t Make A Penny At My Last Show Because People Were Scared Of Spraying Money — Rapper Speed Darlington Cries Out