Dangote still interested in acquiring Arsenal Football Club

Forum 7 years ago

Dangote still interested in acquiring Arsenal Football Club

Africa’s richest man, Aliko Dangote, has restated his interest to acquire English Premier League club, Arsenal, adding that his desire is by no means diminished.
Dangote made his interest on Arsenal known last year, but having been silent, many felt the dream had died.

The business mogul, who had earlier revealed why he is not interested in buying clubs in Nigeria, but is very interested in a potential takeover of English Premier League side Arsenal, yesterday, said his desire has not died.
The multi-billionaire,however, said he needed to wait for his business prospects to improve and his investments in gas pipelines and an oil refinery to play out before making the acquisition which he hopes will be completed in about four years’ time.

Dangote made this known in an interview with Bloomberg Television yesterday, noting that, “there’s no doubt,” he will buy Arsenal, adding that it was not a problem.

He added, “Maybe three to four years. The issue is that we have more challenging headwinds. I need to get those out (of) the way first and start having tailwinds. Then I’ll focus on this.”

Dangote, said to worth about $10.9 billion, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, said that when he eventually owns the club, it would not be business as usual at the Emirates ground of the Gunners.

He said, “It’s not about buying Arsenal and just continuing with business as usual.”

“It’s about buying Arsenal and turning it around. I’ve run a very successful business and I think I can also run a very successful team. Right now, with what we’re facing, over $20 billion of projects, I cannot do both.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
EPL: Arteta reacts to Cole Palmer possibly missing Arsenal vs Chelsea
Forum | 1 hour ago

EPL: Arteta reacts to Cole Palmer possibly missing Arsenal vs Chelsea

EPL: ‘He was outstanding’ – Arteta names player that helped Arsenal beat Wolves
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: ‘He was outstanding’ – Arteta names player that helped Arsenal beat Wolves

SPORT 20 mins ago EPL: Arsenal go top with 2-0 win at Wolves
Forum | 2 days ago

SPORT 20 mins ago EPL: Arsenal go top with 2-0 win at Wolves

Chris Columbus to Direct The Thursday Murder Club Movie, Helen Mirren & More Eyed to Star
Forum | 2 days ago

Chris Columbus to Direct The Thursday Murder Club Movie, Helen Mirren & More Eyed to Star