‘Chelsea Can Still Win Champions League’- Blues Legend Frank Lampard Says

Forum 6 years ago

‘Chelsea Can Still Win Champions League’- Blues Legend Frank Lampard Says

Chelsea legend, Frank Lampard, has tipped the blues to go far in this season Uefa Champions League (UCL) competition.

Lampard, who lifted the Champions League with Chelsea in 2012, believes the class of 2017 have the potential toreplicate that previous success.

The Premier league champion demolished the Azerbaijani side, Qarabag 6-0 win at Stamford Bridge last night, with Pedro, Davide Zappacosta, Cesar Azplicueta, Tiemoue Bakayoko and Michy Batshuayi all on target.

“I think Chelsea have the potential to go all the way. Defensively, they are as good as anybody,” Lampard said.

“The structure that Antonio Conte set up last season with three at the back clearly works as they won the title and they have added a few players in midfield – Bakayoko and Danny Drinkwater give them depth,” He said.

He added, “Everyone is aware, including Conte, that it will be much harder to fight on both fronts, at home and in Europe, this season.“

He continued, “But as a club they are back where they belong, in the Champions League. Maybe missing out last season was a bit of a wake-up call, although it probably gave everyone some breathing space to go again.”

“I think they have the potential to go all the way, Chelsea have a great defensive base and after that, it comes down to the attacking players being in form, so there is a lot to be optimistic about.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Champions League: Mbappe names club he wants to win trophy with
Forum | 12 hours ago

Champions League: Mbappe names club he wants to win trophy with

Premier League suits my style more than Serie A – Lookman
Forum | 12 hours ago

Premier League suits my style more than Serie A – Lookman

UCL: They can make it difficult- Klinsmann picks team to win Bayern vs Arsenal
Forum | 12 hours ago

UCL: They can make it difficult- Klinsmann picks team to win Bayern vs Arsenal