Buhari Set To Implement Dress Code For Journalists Covering Villa

Forum 8 years ago

Buhari Set To Implement Dress Code For Journalists Covering Villa

There are fears that after its inauguration, the Government of Gen Muhammadu Buhari may implement a strict dress code for reporters covering activities of Government House, Aso Villa in Abuja.

Some reporters told Nigerian Times that media aides of the President-elect had complained about the dressing of female journalists covering him.

A reporter who chooses not to be identified for fear of being victimised said aides of the President-elect warned her and her colleagues that when the General is sworn in they would not tolerate ‘anyhow dressing’ by female journalists.

According to her, the aide said they were not comfortable with the manner of dressing by the reporters who cover the activities of the President-elect, explaining that they were not modest. “He said the General would not tolerate indecent dressing.

[ads4]
“I don’t know what constitutes indecent dressing. I was well dressed as far as I am concerned. I wore a trouser and a nice top and my cleavages were not exposed.

“They probably were not comfortable with a woman wearing trousers or the fact that I didn’t cover my hair. But I’m not a Muslim and we didn’t experience such issues working with the current President,” the senior journalist said.

Gen Buhari who was elected in April has already run into controversy when his aides bar AIT, Nigeria’s leading private television, from covering his activities.

The ban was only lifted after an outcry from the media.

Source: NigerianTimes

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Shoresy Season 3 Hulu Release Date Set in First-Look Images
Forum | 9 hours ago

Shoresy Season 3 Hulu Release Date Set in First-Look Images

Arthur the King Blu-ray & Digital Release Dates Set for Mark Wahlberg Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

Arthur the King Blu-ray & Digital Release Dates Set for Mark Wahlberg Movie

Faceless After Dark Release Date Set for Meta Horror Movie
Forum | 1 day ago