British High Commissioner, Paul Arkwright releases statement on the violence in Zaria

Forum 8 years ago

British High Commissioner, Paul Arkwright releases statement on the violence in Zaria

The British High Commissioner to Nigeria, Paul Arkwright has released a statement on the violent clash between Nigerian Army and the Islamic Movement of Nigeria. He called on the Nigerian military to conduct their operations within the rule of law. The statement beneath:

"Like many across Nigeria, I am following with concern the reports of violence in Zaria over the weekend between the Nigerian security forces and the Islamic Movement of Nigeria. I am further concerned at reports that protests in Kaduna have turned violent.

Nigeria’s religious and ethnic diversity adds a great deal to this country’s rich culture. It is important, therefore, that Nigerians of all faiths are allowed to assemble and worship freely. In addition, I call on the security forces to conduct their operations within the rule of law, and for demonstrators to ensure any protests are peaceful and equally act within the law.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Philip Shaibu Excluded As INEC Releases Final List Of Candidates For Edo Guber Election
Forum | 14 hours ago

Philip Shaibu Excluded As INEC Releases Final List Of Candidates For Edo Guber Election

Drama As Ondo Sports Commissioner ‘Assaults’ NAN Journalist During APC Primary
Forum | 2 days ago

Drama As Ondo Sports Commissioner ‘Assaults’ NAN Journalist During APC Primary

Paul Okoye Laments Struggle Of Doing Household Chores Without Maids Abroad
Forum | 3 days ago

Paul Okoye Laments Struggle Of Doing Household Chores Without Maids Abroad

Prophet Sends Disturbing Message to Paul Okoye About His Girlfriend, Ivy Ifeoma
Forum | 3 days ago

Prophet Sends Disturbing Message to Paul Okoye About His Girlfriend, Ivy Ifeoma