Baby Girl Born With Four Legs And Two Spines Returns Home After Surgery.[Photos]

Forum 6 years ago

Baby Girl Born With Four Legs And Two Spines Returns Home After Surgery.[Photos]

A baby girl from the Ivory Coast, born with four legs and two spines, has finally returned home from the United States after undergoing a complex surgery.

Dominique underwent a six-hour procedure involving five surgeons in Illinois back in March to remove limbs of a parasitic twin from her back.

Video showed the reunion on April 20 with her parents and three sisters at Abidjan International Airport in the Ivory Coast.

Speaking to reporters, the 11-month-old's grateful parents thanked the American doctors and charity that helped their daughter.

[ads4]

'I never thought that I'd see my daughter like this today...It really is a miracle,' her mother said in French. 'Thank you to the American people who helped my little Dominique, who allowed her to have a normal life, like other children.'

Dominique was born with a parasitic twin, an identical twin that fails to fully separate in development.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Spyro Shares Adorable Photos Of His Twin Sister
Forum | 4 hours ago

Spyro Shares Adorable Photos Of His Twin Sister

Newborn Baby Drowns Inside A Well In Kano
Forum | 1 day ago

Newborn Baby Drowns Inside A Well In Kano

Baby Reindeer’s Richard Gadd Responds to Viewers Looking for Real-Life Martha and Darrien
Forum | 1 day ago

Baby Reindeer’s Richard Gadd Responds to Viewers Looking for Real-Life Martha and Darrien

Give Her A Break, Did She Choose To Be Born Into A Razz Environment Or Family? - Etinosa Fires Back At Nigerians Attacking Phyna
Forum | 3 days ago

Give Her A Break, Did She Choose To Be Born Into A Razz Environment Or Family? - Etinosa Fires Back At Nigerians Attacking Phyna