Are You Still Receiving Unsolicited SMS? Make Them Pay N5Million

Forum 7 years ago

Are You Still Receiving Unsolicited SMS? Make Them Pay N5Million

No one can deny the facts that our Telcos still send us unsolicited messages despite the DND implementation, some even go ahead to deduct your credit for what you did not subscribed for hence making the annoyance level Grade A.

NCC on the other hand has begun the implementation of N5M fine over unsolicited SMS. According to NCC boss, “If a consumer lodges complaint to NCC that a MNO send unsolicited text messages and the complaint from the consumer get to us, we will ensure that credit deducted from the consumers for this unsolicited text messages is returned to the consumer and will also invoke provision of the fine on the MNO which is N5 million”.

So if your money is being deducted for what you didn’t subscribe for or you still receive unsolicited SMS despite implementing the DND, then you can call NCC toll free number as seen below; toll-free number 0800-CALL-NCC (0800-2255-622).

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Ernest Obi Reveals How Much Producers Pay Their PAs, Leads Procession For Late Junior Pope
Forum | 4 days ago

Ernest Obi Reveals How Much Producers Pay Their PAs, Leads Procession For Late Junior Pope

I Didn’t Make A Penny At My Last Show Because People Were Scared Of Spraying Money — Rapper Speed Darlington Cries Out
Forum | 5 days ago

I Didn’t Make A Penny At My Last Show Because People Were Scared Of Spraying Money — Rapper Speed Darlington Cries Out

Martin Scorsese Hoping to Make Frank Sinatra Biopic With Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence
Forum | 1 week ago

Martin Scorsese Hoping to Make Frank Sinatra Biopic With Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence

UCL: They can make it difficult- Klinsmann picks team to win Bayern vs Arsenal
Forum | 1 week ago

UCL: They can make it difficult- Klinsmann picks team to win Bayern vs Arsenal