APC wins Obasanjo’s ward

Forum 9 years ago

APC wins Obasanjo’s ward

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo at Ward 11, Unit 22, Totoro/Sokori, in Abeokuta, Ogun State… on Saturday | credits: Saheed Olugbon.

The All Progressives Congress won the polling unit of former President Olusegun Obasanjo in Saturday’s presidential election, beating the Peoples Democratic Party to a second place.
[ads4]
At the polling unit, Ward 11, Unit 2, Shokori, Abeokuta North Local Government Area of Ogun State, the APC polled 100 in presidential votes, while the PDP got 16.

In the votes for Senate, the APC got 93, while the PDP got eight. The Social Democratic Party got 15, while the Peoples Party of Nigeria got two.

The majority votes for the House of Representatives also went to the APC, which polled 98, while the PDP got eight. The SDP got 12.

Obasanjo had earlier in the day told journalists at the polling unit that he was satisfied with the conduct of the elections, hoping that other parts of the country would be as peaceful as his ward.

“What I have seen at my polling station is satisfactory. I have talked to a few people here in Abeokuta and they have also reported satisfactory report. I will appeal to all Nigerians to maintain this type of satisfactory report.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Court Reverses Order Suspending Ganduje As APC National Chairman
Forum | 1 day ago

Court Reverses Order Suspending Ganduje As APC National Chairman

Another APC Ward Faction Suspends Ganduje
Forum | 2 days ago

Another APC Ward Faction Suspends Ganduje

Drama As Ondo Sports Commissioner ‘Assaults’ NAN Journalist During APC Primary
Forum | 3 days ago

Drama As Ondo Sports Commissioner ‘Assaults’ NAN Journalist During APC Primary