Alex Iwobi Apologies To Arsenal Fans For His Own Goal In Champions League Against PSG

Forum 7 years ago

Alex Iwobi Apologies To Arsenal Fans For His Own Goal In Champions League Against PSG

Arsenal’s Alex Iwobi, has apologized for scoring an own goal, in their 2-2 draw with Paris Saint-Germain in the Champions League on Wednesday.

The Super Eagles attacker deflected Lucas Moura’s header past David Ospina with 13 minutes left.

The result will likely cost the Gunners top spot in Group A and Wenger has called on the 20-year-old to be supported.

But the player himself has come out to say sorry.

“I heard a shout from David Ospina, but I reacted a bit late,” Iwobi told Sky Sports.

“I wanted to clear it but was in two minds and ended up doing the worst thing possible. It is my mistake and I apologise. I hold my hands up. But I have to move on and be better next game.

“I always say I give 100 per cent and what happens, happens. If you play well you play well, if you play badly you play badly. But I can always say I gave my all.

“Fortunately I have had a lot of luck and most of it has gone well.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
SPORT 3 hours ago EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race
Forum | 3 hours ago

SPORT 3 hours ago EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race

EPL: Arteta reacts to Cole Palmer possibly missing Arsenal vs Chelsea
Forum | 8 hours ago

EPL: Arteta reacts to Cole Palmer possibly missing Arsenal vs Chelsea

EPL: ‘He was outstanding’ – Arteta names player that helped Arsenal beat Wolves
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: ‘He was outstanding’ – Arteta names player that helped Arsenal beat Wolves

SPORT 20 mins ago EPL: Arsenal go top with 2-0 win at Wolves
Forum | 2 days ago

SPORT 20 mins ago EPL: Arsenal go top with 2-0 win at Wolves