Ahmad Lawan Reveals His Salary, Says No “Jumbo Pay” For Senators

Forum 4 years ago

Ahmad Lawan Reveals His Salary, Says No “Jumbo Pay” For Senators

Senate President, Dr. Ahmad Lawan says there is nothing like jumbo pay for lawmakers in the National Assembly, adding that no such payment would be allowed under his watch.

Igbere TV reports that Lawan made the disclosure when he received a delegation of the Senators’ Forum on Tuesday at the National Assembly complex.

Our National Assembly correspondent reports that members of the forum were on a courtesy visit to the Senate President’s office, in Abuja.

Speaking on salary structure for senators, Ahmad Lawan revealed that his monthly salary as a lawmaker and that of his colleagues was N750,000.

He said, “What I want to emphasize here is that I never believed that that there is anything called jombo pay to the National Assembly.

“The National Assembly members both the Senate and the House receive what is their salaries and I receive N750,000 as my salary.

“But I need to function as a senator, my office needs to be properly funded,” he said.

He promised that activities of the national assembly was going to be open to the general public, particularly in the area of funding.

“National Assembly is going to be open to the public, I believe that the national assembly should have everything open, let Nigerians Know, what we are doing.

“I believe that Nigerians need to understand this, we need to continually engage with Nigerians and I will also argue that we continue to explain to Nigerians, they deserve to know how their resources are being utilized.

“I believe that the national assembly needs proper funding because the legislature is so critical in any national development,’’ he said.

The Senators’ Forum is made of both serving and former senators numbering about 600.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
One Hundred Years of Solitude Teaser Trailer Reveals Netflix Series Based on Masterpiece Novel
Forum | 7 hours ago

One Hundred Years of Solitude Teaser Trailer Reveals Netflix Series Based on Masterpiece Novel

Ex-Reps Member, Nwuke Reveals Why Fubara Is Gaining Support In Rivers
Forum | 9 hours ago

Ex-Reps Member, Nwuke Reveals Why Fubara Is Gaining Support In Rivers

EPL Title: Arsene Wenger reveals one advantage Arsenal have over Man City
Forum | 15 hours ago

EPL Title: Arsene Wenger reveals one advantage Arsenal have over Man City

Davido Reveals He No Longer Communicates With Wizkid and Burna Boy
Forum | 15 hours ago

Davido Reveals He No Longer Communicates With Wizkid and Burna Boy