Actress Cara Delevingne Reveals She Lost Her Virginity Aged 18

Forum 7 years ago

Actress Cara Delevingne Reveals She Lost Her Virginity Aged 18

Cara Delevingne has revealed she lost her virginity aged 18 after she stopped taking anti-depressants.

The model-turned-actress , who plays Enchantress in new movie Suicide Squad, opened up about her mental health and sex life in an interview with Esquire Magazine, and even posed naked on the cover.

She explained she was feeling suicidal at 16, but the pills she was prescribed made her feel worse and it was only when she gave them up she was able to "feel things again." Cara said:

"That week, I lost my virginity, I got into fights, I cried, I laughed. It was the best thing in the world to feel things again.

"And I get depressed still, but I would rather learn to figure it out myself than be dependent on meds, ever.

"I hate meds. I don’t agree with them. It's so easy to abuse them."The 23-year-old beauty said at the time all she wanted to do was "die", even though she realised how lucky she was, and she felt at lot of pressure at school to do well and make her parents proud.

"When it got to being a teenager, and all the hormones and the pressure and wanting to do well at school, I had a mental breakdown.

"I was suicidal. I couldn't deal with it any more. I realised how lucky I was and privileged I was, but all I wanted to do was die.

"I felt so guilty because of that and hated myself because of that, and then it's a cycle.

"I didn't want to exist anymore. I wanted for each molecule of my body to disintegrate. I wanted to die. Cara is currently in a serious l£sb!an relationship with musician St Vincent, pictured beneath.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Furiosa: Anya Taylor-Joy Reveals Advice She Received From Fury Road Star
Forum | 16 hours ago

Furiosa: Anya Taylor-Joy Reveals Advice She Received From Fury Road Star

Actress Faithia Williams Loses Dad
Forum | 18 hours ago

Actress Faithia Williams Loses Dad

EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race

Actress Uche Nnanna Celebrates 10-years of Marriage With Husband
Forum | 1 day ago

Actress Uche Nnanna Celebrates 10-years of Marriage With Husband