“I Won’t Support Buhari’s War Against Corruption” – Governor Wike

Forum 8 years ago

“I Won’t Support Buhari’s War Against Corruption” – Governor Wike

Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike has said that he won’t support President Muhammadu Buhari’s war against corruption.

Wike further accused Buhari of being one-sided in the anti-graft war, according to The Cable.

The governor made the comments on Sunday, February 7, 2016, while celebrating his recent electoral victory at the Supreme Court.

“We would not support the fight against corruption. People took our money from the state, and we wrote to the police asking them to go and make a statement; nothing has come out of it,”he said.

“We won’t take anybody to the EFCC because I know what would happen. We know how to fight our own way. We won’t support that war against corruption that they are doing,”he added.

Wike’s victory in the April 11, 2015 elections was upheld by the Supreme Court on January 27.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
I Recommended Peter Obi To Atiku, Can’t Support Tinubu In 2027 – Reno Omokri
Forum | 2 days ago

I Recommended Peter Obi To Atiku, Can’t Support Tinubu In 2027 – Reno Omokri

Why Wike Was Allowed Into PDP National Caucus Meeting - Senate Minority Leader, Moro Speaks
Forum | 2 days ago

Why Wike Was Allowed Into PDP National Caucus Meeting - Senate Minority Leader, Moro Speaks

Box Office Results: Civil War Fends Off Competition
Forum | 2 days ago

Box Office Results: Civil War Fends Off Competition

BBNaija Star, Phyna Accuses Nigerians Of Double Standard, Seeks Support For Her Demand
Forum | 2 days ago

BBNaija Star, Phyna Accuses Nigerians Of Double Standard, Seeks Support For Her Demand