We’ve Beaten Boko Haram Into Fall-Back Positions, Buhari Tells UN

Forum 8 years ago

We’ve Beaten Boko Haram Into Fall-Back Positions, Buhari Tells UN

President Muhammadu Buhari Monday said since assuming office about eight months ago, Nigeria has made appreciable gains towards ending the Boko Haram insurgency.

Buhari, who made this known during a meeting with Secretary-General of the United Nations (UN), Mr. Ban Ki Moon on the sidelines of the World Future Energy Summit in Abu Dhabi, said in collaboration with the Multinational Joint Task Force, the Nigerian Armed Forces have forced the insurgents to beat a retreat from Nigerian territory into what he called “fall-back positions”.

In a statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, the president said: “They are currently not holding any territory today as we speak”.

He told Mr. Ki Moon that Nigeria would persistently pursue global action to reverse the drying up of Lake Chad and save the lives of those who depend on it for survival.

“With all due respect to our neighbours, Nigeria has been worst hit by the drying up of the Lake Chad and we are hoping that the global community will support the process of halting the drying up of the lake”,
Buhari said.

The United Nations Secretary-General in his response, hailed the president for his courage in fighting terrorism and corruption, noting that Nigeria has made amazing progress against terrorism since the he (Buhari) assumed office.

He added that Buhari’s war against corruption has boosted global confidence in the Nigerian economy.

He, however, urged the president to integrate the UN Sustainable Development Goals into Nigeria’s economic and environmental vision.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
The Fall Guy 2 Update Given by Ryan Gosling
Forum | 10 hours ago

The Fall Guy 2 Update Given by Ryan Gosling

Oba Elegushi Tells His Second Wife As They Celebrate 5th Wedding Anniversary
Forum | 3 days ago

Oba Elegushi Tells His Second Wife As They Celebrate 5th Wedding Anniversary

‘My dad is from Nigeria, always tells me about culture, food’ – Germany’s Jamal Musiala
Forum | 4 days ago

‘My dad is from Nigeria, always tells me about culture, food’ – Germany’s Jamal Musiala

EPL: They’re quality players – Gallas tells Chelsea to sign Man Utd duo
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: They’re quality players – Gallas tells Chelsea to sign Man Utd duo