I’m Not Desperate For Power – Governor Darius Ishaku To Aisha Alhassan

Forum 8 years ago

I’m Not Desperate For Power – Governor Darius Ishaku To Aisha Alhassan

Taraba State Governor, Darius Ishaku, has refuted the insinuations by the All Progressive Congress (APC) gubernatorial candidate in the last election, Aisha Alhassan, alleging that his camp was desperate for power.

The governor described the comments circulated in a purported video clip by Alhassan’s media aide, John Ali Mararaba, as unfortunate and baseless.

In a statement by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Mr. Sylvanus Giwa, the governor noted that he was overwhelmingly elected twice by the people of Taraba and cannot be categorized as being desperate for the power that he is currently enjoying and exercising.

Giwa said, “The attention of Taraba State Government has been drawn to the baseless comments and insinuations by the defeated APC gubernatorial candidate Aisha Jummai Hassan through her Media Aide, John Ali Mararaba that Governor Darius d!ckson Ishaku’s camp is desperate for power as circulated in a purported video clip which she has made a U-Turn feigning ignorance to recently.

“It should be lucidly put in record that Arc. Darius d!ckson Ishaku is the executive Governor of Taraba State through the popular and overwhelming mandate given to him twice during the April 11, and April 25, 2015 general election and the rerun respectively in Taraba State and cannot be seen as a person desperate for power which he is already enjoying and exercising”.

The governor’s spokesman added that the APC candidate and her media handlers clearly displayed ignorance as to who was really in-charge of the state, a fact, he said, even children were aware of.

He maintained that the governor was more than ever before, committed to changing the fortunes of the state for the benefit of the people.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Power Ballad: Paul Rudd, Nick Jonas to Star in Musical Comedy
Forum | 5 days ago

Power Ballad: Paul Rudd, Nick Jonas to Star in Musical Comedy

Cross River Governor Announces New Minimum Wage for Workers
Forum | 5 days ago

Cross River Governor Announces New Minimum Wage for Workers

Why I Approved N70,000 Minimum Wage – Governor Obaseki
Forum | 5 days ago

Why I Approved N70,000 Minimum Wage – Governor Obaseki

Drama As Electricity Goes Off During Power Minister’s Speech At National Assembly
Forum | 6 days ago

Drama As Electricity Goes Off During Power Minister’s Speech At National Assembly