"How I Shared N260million From Dasuki" - Tony Anenih Writes EFCC

Forum 8 years ago

"How I Shared N260million From Dasuki" - Tony Anenih Writes EFCC

The last may not have been heard of how funds were disbursed into the bank accounts of some chieftains of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
The latest report is that of former Board of Trustees (BOT) chair Tony Anenih who has written to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), explaining how he disbursed the N260 million paid into his bank account from the Office of the National Security Adviser (ONSA).
The anti-graft agency is investigating this as it believes the N260million came from the misappropriated $2.1 billion arms funds.

According to the letter Anenih wrote to the EFCC, he said he gave N63 million to a group coordinated by a former Special Assistant to former President Shehu Shagari (National Assembly Liaison), Alhaji Tanko Yakassai, for the 2015 presidential election. The Edo-born elder statesman however noted in the letter that he didn’t benefit from the money, but only shared it as he was instructed to. Anenih's letter is coming less than 24 hours after PDP National Publicity Secretary Olisa Metuh was grilled for 9 hours and has been detained over an alleged N1.4billion traced to a company in which he has a stake.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
EFCC Arraigns Lawyer And Father-In-Law For Forgery
Forum | 2 days ago

EFCC Arraigns Lawyer And Father-In-Law For Forgery

Portable Begs EFCC After Spraying Money to Fans Amidst Bobrisky’s Jail Term
Forum | 2 days ago

Portable Begs EFCC After Spraying Money to Fans Amidst Bobrisky’s Jail Term

Your Post Broke My Heart - Opeyemi Aiyeola Writes to Jamiu Azeez
Forum | 1 week ago

Your Post Broke My Heart - Opeyemi Aiyeola Writes to Jamiu Azeez